Saturday, February 1, 2014

G - Introduction!

Hello, and welcome to Filthy Casual Reviews.

I'm the Filthy Casual, and these will be my thoughts on various games I've played. I will have a fairly biased approach, I warn you now. I want to enjoy these games. I only pick the ones I think I'll enjoy, usually from the internet's unceasing bounty. What follows is a simple Q & A designed to help you get to know what to expect around here.

Q: Who are you?
A: I'm the Filthy Casual, aka FC. I've been a casual gamer since 1st or 2nd grade, when I discovered the Oregon Trail. That leaves over a decade of gaming for me to go from Dying of Dysentery to trying to become the Very Best, to rebuilding the Lost Isles, to starting a zombie apocalypse, and much more (all of which I intend to talk about).

Q: Why this blog?
A: I like to play casual games. I like to tell people about casual games. A blog seemed to be the easiest way to get the information I have out to people who might want to know it. The games I play are usually pretty fun, not too difficult, and should have more recognition than they do; therefor I write about them.

Q: What is this blog really about?
A: This blog is all about me sharing the games I enjoy with others who may enjoy them. I want to let other casual gamers know that they're not alone – we casuals are numerous, and it isn't fair to us that we get stigmatized as lesser gamers just because we don't want the competition of an online FPS surrounded by shrieking middle-schoolers and off-duty grocery store managers. Besides, I'm already playing the games, I might as well write about them, too.

Q: Who is this blog for?
A: This blog is for Casual Gamers, Internet Gamers, Tabletop Gamers (oh yes, did I forget to mention my d20 obsession?), and People Who Like to Enjoy Things. This blog is probably not good for people under 16, since I do curse on occasion, and I will probably allude to things most parents do not find appropriate for their wee!ones. I will try to put a rating on my games to let people know when not to let their littler-ones read (if any ever try). Effectively, if you wouldn't want your kid to play Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, don't let them read this blog unsupervised.

Q: Where are you getting these games?
A: The internet, besides being a magical wonderland of interconnecting tubes filled with cats and excitable pop-stars, is also home to a plethora of highly entertaining games. I find the games I play in many different places, so I'll be including a link to wherever the latest game I'm reviewing can be found within the post itself. Besides the wilds of internet-land, I also sometimes borrow games from my Source, who in turn purchases them for herself at various retail outlets. She has never stepped foot inside a GameStop, to my knowledge, but places that carry PC games will probably have what she buys for $5-$20. I will never, ever review a game with a monthly fee, Pay-to-Win, or a startup cost of over $20 at the time of my review. Not unless it is the mother of all games (man I miss Scorched Earth for Commodore 64).

Q: When can we, the readers, expect updates?
A: Well, the thing is, I've got to play the game (preferably as close to the whole game as is reasonable) before I can review it, so I'll update as I get material. The alternate answer (and a framed photo of a spoon¹ to the reader who gets this reference) is: Inna Minute, Bitsch.

I think that about wraps things up! This has been the Filthy Casual saying: Go Enjoy Something!

¹I'm just kidding, guys. I don't actually have any photographs of utensils lying around :/ -FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!