Thursday, May 20, 2021

Thursday Art Walk: The Drip

 

In Which I Practiced Some Art!



I've been very busy the last 9 days!

Okay, that's not 100% the truth. I've been doing a lot of things, but I've also just not been thinking about the blog for the most part.

Exactly 7 days ago, I turned 32. I was busy last Thursday, as you may imagine, but an idea for more weird stuff I could do in a paint program came to mind and I decided to play with it!

That's where The Drip comes from - me playing with colors, layers, and just bein weird as heck :D

"The Drip"; digital; 2021

I won't go into the math I did planning this out (spoilers, it wasn't enough and I should've resized the canvas first!), but I will tell you it was so much fun! Was it frustrating at times? Yes! Was I annoyed when my computer installed updates and ate the original try I took at it? Very, Yes! But I'm glad I tried it!

Obviously there's a lot I'd like to experiment with, here, and you can bet your sweet bippy I'll be doing more of this style in the future, maybe playing with antializing, nearest neighbor, resizing, etc, but for now, I'm just happy it exists. 

I should be back on my nonsense come Tuesday, but for now, I got dinner to eat and pixels to place :)

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!