Saturday, March 15, 2014

G - Escape #4: The Bathroom

G – Escape #4: The Bathroom

Hello again, and welcome to this speedy mini-update on Filthy Casual Reviews.

I'm not actually going to rate this game, just because it would be unfair. The reason: it only took me a little over five minutes to beat. This game is Escape #4: The Bathroom by Afro-Ninja. I only just recently went back to it because of the Thai-Bringer, so I now have seen the movie prequel. That's right, this game has a prequel movie. Made by the game developers. Enjoy.


As for the gameplay itself, it's a point-and-click game. You wake up trapped in a bathroom, and you have to get out past freaking lasers. Seriously, whoever has been trapping you in places needs a new hobby. Who the hell puts deathbeams across a bathroom doorway just to keep some schmuck inside? What did we do? Who did we piss off that we deserved laser-potty?!

The flash-animated graphics are simple, and most of the things you have to find are pretty intuitive. I won't spoil anything for you, and if you get stuck, they have a walk-through link at the bottom right-hand corner of the game. The music is pretty good on the lead-in and lead-out, but the actual sound design in-game are... sparse to say the least. You get the sound of a ticking clock to be your constant companion, though everything you do does make some noise if it would in the real world – like, say, using a tool on metal.

I've got to give this game props. It's apparently from Newgrounds, but it has the actual people's names who worked on it. I will put those down at the bottom of this post, since I feel it's just as important to tell you guys who worked on these games as it is to tell you about the games themselves.

As the title suggests, Escape #4: The Bathroom, is part of a series. A series that I have not, as of writing this blog, played through. I will probably go back and play the rest of the Escape series just to see what inventive ways Afro Ninja came up with to trap the player in some odd location and what tools they give you to come out with. Also, any game creator who is willing to make a movie of themselves going through the plot of their games is awesome in my book.

I'm gonna wrap this up by telling you where to find this game. I never really go on Newgrounds, just because I use www.deadwhale.com and www.kongregate.com so often, but I'm sure it's still on there, too. Just type in “Escape the Bathroom” on a free gaming site, and you're likely to find it. Or on the Afro Ninja site.

Credits for Escape #4: The Bathroom:
Concept, art, and programming by Shawn Tanner (Afro Ninja)
Sound effects from sounddogs.com
Testing: Jason, Emily
C 2008 Afro Ninja Productions
'Afro-Ninja' End theme by Josh Kemp of KTRecords

That's all from me. This is the Filthy Casual signing off to go nurse this head-cold I've caught.

Go Enjoy Something!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!