Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Talk About Tuesday

 
In Which My Energy Has Been Sapped

I went for a walk today. I went for a much longer and warmer walk on Friday, but I walked today, too. It was probably about 3/4 mile round trip, had some hills, and it wore me right out.

Sure, I'll be the first to admit, I'm out of shape, but I'm more tired from today's 3/4 mile walk than I was after Friday's 3.5 mile walk in hot sun. I had to drink three whole bottles of water on Friday, whereas two small glasses satisfied me today. I was sore on Saturday, sure, but I wasn't still tired. Today I'm tired. And it all hit at once about three hours ago. 

I was working on some crochet (which, yes, I flaked on yesterday) when all of a sudden my whole body felt soft and slumped like it usually does when I finally start feeling sleepy around 1AM. It was 5PM. It was not bed time. My mind didn't feel sleepy, either. Strange.

None of my muscles are sore. I don't feel sick, nor do I feel like I'm getting sick. I'm just tired. This is not ideal.

I wanted to read tonight.

I wanted to finish this owl panel I'm working on (not sure what for, just yet).

I wanted to sketch something for Thursday.

I wanted to write more.

What I'll do instead is lie on my back with my laptop balanced on my knees, shoulders & neck propped up by comfy pillows. I'll pour myself a big bottle of water. I'll watch videos with the sound low. I'll do as little as possible until I feel sleep call me, at which point I'll simply obey.

Maybe it's the weather? It's been unusually gray and damp for June. I wore a flannel shirt today, which has been impossible in previous years at this point.

Whatever it is, I'm just going to have to wait til tomorrow to work on art, writing, reading, etc. And that's okay.

What I cannot do now, I will do later. That is life.

Regardless, I do have plans for Thursday's blog, so we'll see how far I get!

And Who knows what next Monday will hold?

If you have any requests for Thursday, don't forget to send me a coffee over on Ko-Fi along with a message telling me which category (Animal, Vegetable, Mineral, Dedbert, Location, Food, Geometric, Word) you'd like to see, and I'll get it done!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!