Thursday, June 8, 2023

Thursday Art Walk

 
Oh yeah I have a blog...

So yes, I completely flaked this week on blogging. I'm fine - not sick or even all that exhausted. I was just playing too much Tears of the Kingdom to get anything done, like a dweeb. Before anyone asks, I am absolutely not going to hurt the Koroks on purpose. I get why people are annoyed with the lil dudes, but I'm not gonna magic up a rotisserie machine to torment them. They just wanna find their awkwardly located friends.

I do totally Ultrahand them and walk them over to their bros when possible. I find it hilarious to walk past NPCs who cannot see the Koroks because they're probably wondering why Link, the Hero of Hyrule, the Princess's Appointed Night, He Who Wields The Sword of Evil's Bane and who crushed the Calamity, is wandering Hyrule with his right hand in the air, eyes trained on an invisible point. Is he seeking Zelda? Has he gone mad? Is he secretly a Yiga spy? What is going on there?!

Anywho, yeah, I haven't got much work done.

But my most consistent Requester sent me a Request via Ko-Fi asking me to draw some Food (a new category), so I did succeed (after a loooooot of trial and error, believe me) in painting something fun in Krita!

"Taco Time"; Digital art; 2023
[FOOD]

I'm really proud of how this taco came out. I'm still figuring out how to use copy/paste, how to use layers, how to combine brushes and colors, etc, and this, I think, shows how far I've come!

Yes, it's a taco with lettuce & tomato. I just wanted to experiment with multiple ways to paint tomato slices, and yes, the beef is absolutely coated with cheese, but I think it looks tasty, don't you?

Now, this almost didn't happen because that fresh battery we popped in my 2-in-1? It was throwing errors. Dell's horrible obsession with OEM-only part compatibility really bit me in the butt. We had to pop the battery out and close it back up empty.

And my regular laptop was also out of commission, because it was very very sick, so I couldn't even throw on Krita on my main laptop with my XP Pen! My main laptop started randomly freezing and refusing to work. When we finally got around to troubleshooting the first thing my dad & I noticed was that my battery was starting to bloat - major bad news. That wasn't the cause of the freezing, though, because it was still freezing without the battery in it at all. In the end, my dad had me switch my hard drive into his old E7450. It's the exact same laptop as mine, but it doesn't have a crack on the side, the mouse buttons aren't jiggly, it's not full of my hair (yet), and the touchpad's matte finish has worn off in spots.

Also it hasn't frozen since the Swap.

We're waiting on a new battery for the 2-in-1 I use for art, but it still works when it's plugged in, so that's how I spent last night and this afternoon - painting a taco in Krita!

That's enough from me, I think.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!