Thursday, June 29, 2023

Thursday Art Walk

 

TFW you accidentally ruin a fairly good piece
by trying too hard...


I was trying for a fun color study today, using different crosshatches of different colors from my big box of 72 Arteza watercolor pencils. 71 colors (because I accidentally got 2 Turquoises and haven't had the brain to go through and figure out which color they replaced with the spare Turquoise) hatched chaotically across a page of watercolor sketchbook paper later, I got the bright idea to try some blending.

So you guys know what happens when you blend multiple colors from differnt areas of the color wheel together, right?

Yeah. It went from a riot of desaturated, sketchy color to a muddy sprawl of shades of greige (that awful gray/beige tone) and unwell taupes.

It, in short, sucked. A lot.

So I had to start over a few hours ago when I'd finished the pencil art yesterday like a good blogger.

Oh boy did I have a better idea!

"Rainbun"; watercolor & Micron brush pen on watercolor sketchpad; 2023
[ANIMAL]

I really, really love how the outlines came out on this one, and the shadow actually looks pretty decent too! All told, I'm pretty pleased with this image.

Eventually I'll try to scan it, but for now, I think that's a fairly decent photo! It's just slightly brighter in real life than it is in the picture, but I think it gets itself across well enough.

If you'd like a say in what I draw for next week, feel free to shoot me a donation over on my Ko-Fi account with a message telling me what category (Animal, Vegetable, Mineral, Food, Dedbert, Location, Geometric, Word)

Tonight is a sleepy night - I only got about 6 hours of sleep total and night before last was a bad sleep night too. It's really damp and muggy in my house, but I don't really dare to take my fan out of my window since we really need the ventilation. The moisture keeps me clammy, which is gross as heck.

As sleepy as tonight is, though, I still crave reading and writing and art.

I'll go until I fall asleep, I think, and forgive myself if I wake up late.

For now, I'm going to watch videos and relax with a book.

Go Enjoy Something,
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!