Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which I Am Frustrated A Bit
(But That's Okay!)


Creative types, is this you?

You wake up too late because you were up all night and into the dawn working on a fun new idea you had and you were super excited to be working on it, so you figured "this is fine, I'll just sleep when I'm tired!" Except then you realize you've woken up at lunch and you're still tired, but worse, your brain has way more ideas for you to work with, and you're even more wound up! And then it's suddenly night time because you couldn't do anything with all those ideas because they were all shouting over each other, but finally one hits you just so and you start working again, and you stay up too late again and you figure "This time I'll sleep, right?"

But you don't and it just keeps going...

No?

Just me?

Huh. Okay, maybe I should take a freakin chill pill lol.

So if you've been wondering what's up with me, it's that. I've been having an overabundance of creative energy, but only at the worst times, and only on projects that I know I don't need to be working on just now. Instead of finishing my Christmas Projects (again) I'm back on my nonsense of "What if I try this new thing?!".

Don't worry, I'm still getting plenty of work done!

It's just very difficult to focus on what I need to focus on and also get sleep.

It'd probably help matters if I wasn't so squirrel-brained...

Regardless, here's the plan for this week:

Tomorrow - work on projects
Thursday - hopefully the art goes smoother this week than it did last week
Friday - more projects
Saturday - still more projects, possibly (hopefully) light-gazing
Sunday - chill with partner & family
Monday - post progress on Mystery Project
Next Tuesday - projects & blather on here!

The weather this week has not helped my focus. We went from below-freezing with about an inch of snow to upper 40s-low 50s (around 7-11℃) and pouring rain. Sometimes I wonder if I'm part plant because I'm as easily distracted by rapidly changing weather systems as a delicate flower or something. I literally cannot focus if the weather isn't sensible!

Currently, I'm throwing red rounds onto the Mystery Project and hooking as fast as I can through some other projects for family. I hope I can do a supply run tomorrow at some point so I can finish some of the ideas I have!

That being said, it's probably gonna be an early night for me tonight. Several days of staying up past dawn and then getting up after 10AM (yes, that means I've only been getting between 4-6 hours of sleep the last few days) are really catching up with me.

I hope you're all doing well!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!