Thursday, December 16, 2021

Thursday Art Walk

 

In Which Art Is Hard.


I've been working on a bunch of art ideas, none of which are coming to fruition, sadly, but hey, that's life. Sometimes your art goes smoothly & well, and sometimes you're hurling sketched-upon notecards around your room like shuriken in frustration.

Today has been a shuriken day.

It's not due to any sort of horrible nightmarish scenario that I'm struggling to make art. I'm just having an off month. Happens.

That being said, today was another nice warm day (I think it reached 50℉/10℃!) and we had a thick fog roll in, so the cat got to go out again. Yesterday, she came face to face with poor Skye-Kitty from next door, who she loves to flirt with and then attempt to batter (poor dude). He wisely didn't come back today when she went out, but she did settle on the grass and look out into the fog, wistfully, as though she wished he was there (presumably to punch in the face like she always tries...).

So I made a little homage to that!

"Trouble"; colored pencil sketch on notecard; 2021


The cat in the foreground is, of course, the disastrous Ms. Evie, and the indistinct blob in the background is Mr. Skye-Kitty.

I hope I can make a larger version of this some time, maybe in watercolors, using their actual colors, because I didn't have my hot pink colored pencil with me when I was drawing this, and that's what color Evie's harness is lol.

Sadly, that's the only art that's come out even close to acceptable lately. And I'm not talking just "oh, I don't like it because I'm the artist and we're not allowed to like our own art", I'm talking "is that an elbow or a chair?" bad.

Then again, I do still have a *lot* of Christmas presents to finish, so I think that's what I'll focus on!

I hope you're all doing alright!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!