Thursday, January 6, 2022

Thursday Art Walk

 

In Which I Am Back!



Welcome to 2022! Kinda a lot like 2021 (thankfully sans crazy people trying to break into the US Capitol!) but a fresh new year when we can do anything we want!

You haven't heard from me since before Christmas, huh. I'm sorry about that, but I've been quite busy! I'll talk more about that on Tuesday, but I've got a lot of stuff to blather about lol.

For today, though, I'll show you a very very nice gift my boyfriend got me for Christmas:


A lovely set of watercolors!


So pretty and metallic/pearlescent!!!

They do swatch up pretty nice, too!

This paint set has 36 gorgeous shiny paints in it. When it shipped, I'm sure it was all in order, but at some point it must've tilted because the pans were in disarray when I opened it up. As you may be able to tell from the stains on the sponge and the lid, I had already started swatching it.

It came with a pencil, a thin brush, a water brush, the dampening-sponge, and an eraser, and I have to say, both pencil & eraser are fantastic! I sharpened the pencil up so I could use it to draw a nice little New Year's painting!

"Happy New Year 2022!"; watercolor & Pigma pen; 2022

I have to say, at first I was unimpressed with the pigmentation of these paints, but then I realized that I have been using pans incorrectly.

Apparently, you have to rehydrate them a bit before painting with them (a quick spritz or drop of water left to soften the paint for a moment before you try to load your brush is recommended). Once I dripped water into the pans, it layered on beautifully! It's hard to see how bright and rich the colors are in that picture, because with how reflective these paints are, the light kind of bounces all over the place! Those feet are super orange-copper!

A very shiny birb!


Thank you for coming back to see my art, and I hope you'll stick around for Monday when one of the reasons for my blog silence will be made obvious, and then Tuesday when I'll explain myself even better!

Hope this year is treating you well so far!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!