Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Talk About Tuesday

 

Tired Sounds


I am so incredibly sleepy lol.

There's no excuse for me not writing today's blog on time. Well, kind of, I was trying to be available online to my boyfriend who had his birthday today!

So I'll make today's blog brief!

Q: How is my finger doing after stabbing it yesterday?

A: If I didn't have written evidence, I'd never know it happened lol. Honestly, the scratches I have from my cat being indiscriminate with her claws while kneading are more painful than the jab is.

Q: What are my plans for the blog in the next 7 days?

A: Some kind of art for Thursday, hopefully more Mystery Project next Monday, hopefully coherent rambling next Tuesday. Anything else is gravy.

Q: How's the weather?

A: Cold. Sometimes. It got up to 50℉ (10℃) the other day, but right now it's about 8℉ (-13,3℃) and tomorrow it might be around 32℉ (0℃) but it'll feel like 22℉ (-5,6℃), so there's that.

Q: Cat update?

A: Poor Evie hasn't been feeling great and I'm pretty sure the antibiotics gave her a bad stomach ache until recently. We let her eat whatever she'll eat (as long as it's non-toxic) when she is off her feed, and she has yet to become overweight. Unfortunately, she doesn't like peas, hates to drink water, and will not touch eggs (unless they're cooked in bacon fat, which we have done exactly once because a coronary doesn't sound fun), so we just slipped her some oatmeal & water and she decided between that and her actual cat food, she'd take the cat food and like it lol. Also, she demanded to go out today. Again, it's cold, and she hates the wind, so I told her "you aren't gonna like it" and scooped her up. I stood on the deck with her in the cold wind until she threw a look at the kitchen door and started squirming. She pouted the rest of the night because we cruel humans have clearly turned the good weather off and stolen her grass.

And that's about it for burning questions on the blog.

I will say this, though.

My guy has an author friend whose book just came out. The author is Jonathan Evison, the book is Small World, and it's brilliant. If you're looking for a book to read right now, regardless of what your usual genre is, give it a try, because it almost certainly has something for you in it. I am too sleepy to do justice to what the book is and what it's about but think of this:

I am someone who almost exclusively read fantasy, horror, and Sherlock Holmes until fairly recently, and I fell in love with Evison's previous book, Lawn Boy. From what I've seen leafing through the gorgeous hardcover my guy bought on Sunday and from descriptions around the net, Small World blows Lawn Boy out of the water, and I am obsessed with Lawn Boy, so...

You're probably gonna love it.

Especially if you love history, trains, the American West, and rooting for the underdog.

So yeah, go check out Small World by Jonathan Evison.

That's my plug for the night!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!