Thursday, January 27, 2022

Thursday Art Walk

 

In Which Ow.



There was a free clinic yesterday in my hometown. Free boosters to anyone without insurance. Guess who has no insurance? Of course me. I was lucky enough to live nearby so I ended up strolling in as the first stabee and I've been nursing my sore arm ever since lol.

I'm incredibly grateful to not have had any of the major side effects others in my family had. One of my siblings experienced pancreatitis! My mom and dad got chills & exhaustion! Most of my family & friends had exhaustion, actually.

I just get a sore arm. Maybe some chills last night, though it was about -2℉ (-18,9℃) so... maybe that was just my room being freezing cold. Could I sleep with the door open? Yes. Will I sleep with the door open? You bet your ass I won't.

Regardless, I got up this morning feeling like I had tried to force a door open with my shoulder, so I wasn't in the greatest mood for painting. I mean, I did it anyway, let's be real. I managed to get a nifty little bubble art out of it, too!

"Ring Game"; watercolor on paper; MB 2022

This piece is not my favorite, but since I made it in bad light with a sore arm, I'm pretty okay with it. I practiced a few techniques, explored how the colors work together, and figured out how to use that water brush from the Peter Pauper Press field kit (I was supposed to pull the little black stopper thingy out of the barrel, which was... not easy since I lack fingernails!). I think next time I'll practice sunsets, limit my color choices, and get some water out so I can do better wet blending. It's hard to do with the water brushes, believe it or not!

As for the missing "Talk About Tuesday" blog from this week... honestly, I just wasn't feeling it. I got super duper lazy and just wanted to snooze lol. No story there. I mean, there is one story from Tuesday: A deer came into my yard in broad daylight and raided the birdfeeder for moments. It must've heard my mom and I trying to get the cat to turn her stupid butt around so she could see the deer (she never did lol), and it bounded off. I'm mostly shocked my neighbor's dogs didn't scare the poor thing off before it got any food.

I think that'll about do it for me tonight. I'm very tired, and it's very cozy in here!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!