Thursday, January 13, 2022

Thursday Art Walk

 

Still sleepy as heck, but I still drew/painted a bit

Some weeks, you slam out a bunch of amigurumi and paintings, and some weeks you want to crawl into hibernation and do nothing whatsoever. This has been one of the latter weeks. Is this burnout? Eh, maybe. I still *want* to draw and paint I'm just super sleepy.

Part of the reason I'm so tired is the oft-mentioned pilling of my cat. The last few pillings have been pretty hard - she's been stealthily spitting the pills out, and she went on a hunger strike that just made the antibiotics hurt her belly, so that has sucked. She finally ate tonight after giving her a bunch of choices (including cold oatmeal and lettuce because she's weird), and she let us pill her at 8PM so that was nice.

Another reason for my chronic sleepiness is that it's deeeeeep winter where I live. Yes, there are colder places and snowier places even in this state, but let me just say I'm glad today was 32℉ (0℃) because on Saturday it'll feel like -26℉ (-32℃) and I am not at all down with that.

Thank goodness I have warm fuzzy things to wear and curl up in (like the sweater I made! And some cozy pajamas I got for Christmas along with some super comfy slippers)!

I also have my boy Dedbert to keep me company.

"Here Comes The Boy"; watercolor pencil & Pigma micron; 2022

I hope I can get together enough motivation and focus to do more art next week. I'd really like to be making more art! Hopefully after I'm done pilling the cat, I'll be more rested and can do more & better art.

How is the winter treating y'all? Hope you're warm and safe (or cool & safe if you're in the southern hemisphere!). 

That'll do it for me tonight lol.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!