Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which I Have A Very Silly Confession


I... am a klutz. A clod. A total stumblebum.

That last one especially, considering I managed to fall flat on my butt while air guitaring to - of all things - Knights of Cydonia by MUSE.

Yeah.

I'm super hardcore, you guys...

I was wailing away on the ol air guitar, but I'd made a critical error - you cannot air guitar in slide-on slippers, comfy as they are. My foot slipped out at an inopportune moment and I landed hard on my butt. On top of a paperback Diablo novelization I've never finished reading. I immediately got back to my feet and kicked off the slippers, finishing the song and a few more, but uh...

Yeah, it bruised my backside.

And strained my neck and upper back muscles. In fact, it strained those muscles so much that I made myself a little dizzy. The dizziness and stiffness are gone now, but the bruise and some residual soreness remain even now (the tumble was on Saturday night). Today, I am pleased to say that I'm quite comfy and after popping my back (very carefully and during a very gentle stretch) while sorting recycling, my neck soreness is almost entirely gone.

So that's why I needed the heated neck pillow the last couple of nights - my neck muscles were sore and stiff and needed relaxing. Now I'm feeling great.

As for the rest of the news of the week, I'll confess I haven't drawn since Thursday, but the 2-in-1 battery showed up yesterday, so I'll be playing around with digital art tomorrow. If you've got any requests for art, drop me a coffee over on Ko-Fi with a message telling me what category you'd like (Animal, Vegetable, Mineral, Dedbert, Location, Geometric, Word).

I wrote 186 words tonight, which brings me up to 1219 words this week and nearly 8600 words total! I'm pretty pleased with that progress. I'll be working on the shawl some more tonight before I sleep.

Honestly, I'm pretty sleepy, though, so maybe not.

The plan for the rest of the week is:

Art on Thursday
Crochet on Monday
Blather on Tuesday.

I hope you guys have a good night tonight, and that your creative juices are flowing!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!