Monday, May 8, 2023

Fiber Monday

 

In Which I Finished A Whole Project In A Week!

Today I finished working on a pouch I started last week! Do you remember the green yarn I was winding? It's 100% wool, very green, and looks great as a pouch with a bit left over!

A green crocheted pouch with a brass button. The pouch is slightly too long to be square and has a slightly tapered flap that is held down by the brass button, which has a pattern of intersecting lines on it.
It's 25 stitches across by 30 rows on either side

The same pouch is photographed horizontally, the flap is open revealing the buttonhole and the opening.
I kind of free-handed the whole thing, to be honest

The same pouch is sideways and laying on its front with the flaps open, revealing crocheted belt loops on the back.
And I'm really happy with how the loops turned out!

This pouch is designed to be hung from a belt and is big enough to fit a cellphone, a wallet, or even a small paperback book. It wouldn't be too hard to add a strap - just attach said strap to the belt loops, or sew it to the sides!

Would there be any interest in a written pattern for this? I did a few interesting things with front post single crochet, one loop only single crochet, etc.

The button is from an enormous jar of buttons given to me by a friend, and I'm thrilled to be able to use these buttons at last!

This took a while to crochet, but I think I could probably make these for sale (especially if I made them a little smaller or out of a less itchy yarn). If anyone's got any suggestions for what it would be worth, I would love the ideas. If I used a local wool that I trust (from Nash Island Yarns), a skein is about $28, and the heaviest weight my local shop carries is light worsted/DK, where this was a worsted weight. It could be... pricy to recreate unless I took a bus to the mall-wart and bought a $3 skein of their acrylic. That would lose a lot of its character, though.

And yes, that is a new link in the sidebar for commissions - I'm opening art commissions (among other things)! Feel free to take a peak and reach out to me on Twitter or Instagram!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!