Monday, December 28, 2020

Fiber Monday Christmas Haul

 

I got some Crochet Supplies for Christmas!

For all that 2020 was a dumpster fire of a year, Christmas wasn't bad for me. I slept in, got tons of tea (you'll be seeing some really fun reviews in the coming weeks, I promise!), and yes, I got some crochet goodies!

First we have a very nice yarn bowl!


The yarn bowl was a surprise, since I'd completely forgotten I'd asked for one lol. It's heavy, sturdy, and very, very pretty. While the swirl to keep your yarn straight is a little rough on the inside, I can see that with time, it'll wear 100% smooth. I do find myself slowing down a bit because my derpy brain subconsciously expects a soft cotton/acrylic blend to somehow produce enough friction with the wood that it starts a fire lol.


A Heckin Cool Hanging Shelf


This beefy boi is much deeper and wider than it looks from this angle - a full skein of red heart can go in either side-to-side or back to front! I can stack them! This will revolutionize my storage troubles, I think!


Some very pretty yarn!

My sister got me some very pretty yarn - some Unforgettable (a yarn I've really loved working with in the past!) and some more it's a wrap in a very nice blue colorway that I'm already itching to play around with!
Last (but certainly not Least!): Two nice Amigurumi books!


My folks picked me up both the yarn bowl and the pretty Unicorns, Dragons, and more Fantasy Amigurumi book, so I think I know what everyone's getting next year :P

My grandmother on my dad's side gave me that cute white-covered Amigurumi book, and honestly, it's just so precious. I hope there's a cute lil birb in there so I can make her one to keep her tiny parakeet company.

All in all, it was a delightful crop of crochet contributions and I cannot wait to start hooking away at all of these precious patterns with the big ol' pile of yarn scattered around my room. Thanks to the ball winder my partner gave me for my birthday, the new hanging rack, and yes, even the bowl, I'll be able to condense my collection to one or two small spaces with ease :)

I hope your Christmases were warm, cheery, and delightful, and I hope you'll swing by tomorrow to read my blathers and check out what my plan for the rest of the week is!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!