Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Talk About Tuesday - Awkward Days

 

In which I'm... off


I was supposed to wake up at 9AM today because I try to be awake earlier in the day these days, but... uh... that didn't happen. I woke up at 10AM and stayed in bed, just loafing around like a freaking teenager. You'd think that would've been awesome, but instead I'm just incredibly thrown and I have a small tension headache lol.

I'm old.

I'm so thrown-off that I still feel like it's around 11AM even through it's quarter past four.

So today is kind of just... a wash.

I wish I could say I'd stayed up super late doing something awesome, and for a small portion of the night, I was playing the newly updated Stardew Valley and chatting with friends, but... I was asleep not long after midnight, and usually that's plenty of sleep. Instead, here I am, wrapped in fluffy blankets and half-asleep, two big mugs of coffee deep in the day, and utterly wrecked. The only conclusion I can come to with my graying hair and sudden tea obsession, inability to stay awake for long periods of time, and failing memory is that I've grown old.

Thankfully "old" is not age-dependent, just as "young" isn't - they're states of being, and they can vary according to one's feelings. I just feel old today. I might feel younger tomorrow (aching fingers crossed lol), but today I feel twice my age. Maybe three times.

Anywho, it's been a very pretty day, despite the cold (around 25 to 30℉/-4 to -1℃) and brutally windy. The sun was shining and we had a lovely pastel sunset that I do kinda wish I'd been able to photograph for you all. I do regret not having gotten outside except for that brief, terrifying moment where we thought the cat had slipped out while my mother was tossing out the Christmas tree. That wasn't fun and just added to the overall "off" feeling today's maintained.

Now, you're possibly wondering what I'm doing this week for my blog, so here's my plan:
  • Tomorrow: I'm probably going to actually do a Wednesdaymania post. It's hard not to, considering who we've lost this month :(
  • Thursday: I got some art supplies for Christmas, so if you need something cute to look at, check back on the blog on Thursday's Art Walk!
  • Saturday Casual Gaming is back for a moment with a game about... leaves.
  • Survival Sunday will have a Tea-Off where I talk about the remarkable haul of leaf bags I got for Christmas!
  • Next Monday should be me talking about the things I made for Christmas and what I plan to make in 2020.
  • Next Tuesday will be allllll about my week up to that point lol.
So that's my plan for the next seven days - looks like I'm only taking Friday off because I'll be real, I'm not really watching movies right now. I'm just not able to spend that much time focusing on one thing :|

Regardless, I think it's going to be a productive week (today notwithstanding lol), and I look forward to showing off to y'all :)

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!