Monday, August 7, 2023

Fiber Monday

 

In Which I Continue The Pouch


I may only have 500 stitches done on each of the back and sides of the pouch, but! That means something very different for the separate pieces.

On the left is the back of the pouch, on the right is the side gusset

I'm trying to make both pieces at once, since I get so easily distracted. And of course, this is my last month to finish it! And also I still don't know what to do about dye. Yeesh.

Oh and I got distracted by learning how to use a drop spindle. My silk thread is... very lumpy, but for a first try, it's not so bad, if I say so myself. I need to get some wool and see how well I can spin that, since apparently silk is way harder. Wool, then cotton, then linen, then silk again.

Also I still need to figure out my niddy noddy situation.

But that is for After The Ren Faire, I think. Before the Ren Faire I need to figure out dye, a dyepot, a day to do the dying (it'd be preferable to have some non-deluge-related weather for that), and also...

I kinda promised Z I'd make him a pouch for his new notebook for the Ren Faire.

That at least shouldn't be too difficult. I'm going to measure out the space for that using my white Sakura Gelly Roll pen and a pair of black pants that died a noble death (read - wore out at the thighs so badly there's nothing left to patch but wispy threads). If I sew it up correctly, it could be used as-is and all I'd need to do is make a decent strap for it, but if I don't get the seams to perfect, it'll get covered in a quick single crochet outer pouch in ex-sweater lavender.

Speaking of the dearly departed lavender sweater, if anyone who knows me has any sweaters they've ruined or just don't want anymore, I'll happily take them and tear them down to turn into new outfits because I love the act of creative destruction way more than is probably healthy and YouTube is beginning to cotton on to that fact (seriously I've been recommended no less than 5 different Sweater Teardown videos in the last 24 hours)...

Anywho, yes, that picture way up there is of two pieces, each containing 500 single crochet stitches. The short but wide piece is 50 stitches wide, the tall but skinny piece is 15 stitches wide.

My goal is to finish at least the gusset by next week, which if I keep going with a pattern of "One row on the back/flap, then 50 stitches on the gusset", it shouldn't be too hard.

We'll see lol.

Especially if I keep on getting distracted with silk spinning, pocket construction, and the slow progress of a dragon I may give up on (I don't think I'll get it done in time).

I think that'll about cover things for me for today. My attention span is shot to heck and I am ready to go to bed :)

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!