Monday, August 14, 2023

Fiber Monday

 
In Which I Did More Work On My Pouch!

Well, I've got 1400 stitches in on both the back & gusset for that pouch now, and I cannot wait to be done. Single crochet is tedious if you have attention issues, like I do, and my silly buns decided to build a whole project of just single crochet. The same rows, over and over, stitch after stitch... it wears on me.

Which is why I'm only up to 1400 stitches per piece instead of a heftier 2100.

On the back, I have 28 rows, but on the gusset, 1400 stiches translates to 93 rows plus 5 stitches. This means I have officially finished one side of the gusset (81 rows) and started on the bottom (54 stitches wide).

My goal for rows on the back is... steep. The front is 80 rows, so I'll need to do that, plus however many rows it takes for the gusset, plus however many the closure flap needs in front (probably 15-25 rows). This means it could be anywhere from 110-120 rows. Of which I've done 28. So probably only about 23.3% finished.

The gusset, on the other hand, will probably take anywhere about... 216 rows? Total? Maybe? Which means that with 93 rows completed, we're at about 43.1%.

So the gusset is going almost twice as quickly as the back panel!

Yeah, this is taking a lot of math, and my English/Arts brain isn't very happy about it lol.

So here, I've photographed both the gusset (a tall, skinny rectangle), and the panel (a much shorter, wider rectangle) on my laptop keyboard. Both pieces are a measly 900 stitches at this point...

Unfortunately, this image got flipped, so the top piece is the gusset
 and the bottom is the panel...

The second picture I took today was the correct orientation, and I took

1400 stitches each, the gusset (left) is now almost as long as my keyboard
and the panel (right) is just taller than my track pad!

I'm still spinning, still stitching other things, still working on a pattern for sewing pocket linings for both this pouch and another (potentially a purple pouch!!!). I'm keeping plenty busy, fiberwise.

That'll about do it for me today. Hopefully I'll have anywhere from 2100 to 3500 stitches done in each one next week. We'll see lol.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!