Thursday, August 3, 2023

Thursday Art Walk

 

In which I managed a drawing despite being deep in my Stardew Era again...


So I've been playing Stardew Valley again.

And I've been loving it.

My sleep schedule has not been loving this, though, because I keep staying up til 3 or 4am just trying to do one more run in the desert caves. I'm in the spring of year 2, Kent has arrived, and I won the second egg hunt in a row. I don't know if I'll win anything else lol.

As for art, though, I still managed to pull through and draw something!

A watercolor of a pale yellow peach with subtle pink blush lying on a pale blue tablecloth with a purple shadow under the peach. The background is a muted spring green. Both background and table cloth are solid colors with no discernable pattern to them.
"Peachy"; watercolor pencil on paper; 2023
[FOOD, VEGETABLE]

So there we have a lil peach on a lil table with a lil shading and I'm actually pretty pleased with it! I managed to create shading and highlight without making it look shiny (because, of course, peaches are fuzzy, not shiny).

I had a hard time with the shadow underneath (obviously) but I'm otherwise quite pleased with it! Sure, the color is more apricot than peach, but I promise I've seen peaches that yellow before.

At least it's not bubblegum pink, which it very nearly was. I saw the yellow I wanted. I reached for the yellow I wanted. I looked up to watch the cat come into the room for a little box time, and when I looked down at my hand, I'd picked up a very pink pink.

I honestly cannot remember the names of any of the colors I used except that I know I made use of the Peaches & Cream shade for the body of the peach and Magenta for the blush. Everything else was kind of snagged at random. I layered a cool gray with the spring green to bring down the yellow tones in the background, but the light blue of the tablecloth was solo.

I used a round brush for most of the piece, especially the shading and the peach itself. I used a 1/2" square brush for the background, swirling it in circular motions to improve the blending of the gray and green.

This was a fun little piece to do, and if you'd like to make any requests of me, you can do so via Ko-Fi - send me a lil donation with a message telling me what category you'd like me to work from (Animal, Vegetable, Mineral, Food, Dedbert, Location, Geometric, Word), and I'll post a piece based on that category!

For now, I'm going to go eat some homemade teriyaki chicken, watch an Italian dad make lentil soup, and probably sneak in some more Stardew before I go to bed lol.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!