Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which I Continue to be Inconsistent lol


I was literally just joking with my partner yesterday that I'd be late as usual putting up a blog and here we are - yet another Talk About Tuesday being posted on a Wednesday because I cannot for the life of me get my crap together lol!

To be fair, though, I promised myself I wouldn't post this without a finished Fiber Monday Project and this one has been a real strange one! Unfortunately, like most things I promise myself, this one fell through :| Got to finish the project tomorrow instead.

This week has been... weird. It hasn't been bad or anything, just odd. Everyone around me is getting ready for one thing or another, everyone seems to have something happening, big or small, and my ability to focus on any one subject, topic, or action has dwindled to nearly nothing.

You know the ADHD joke with the squirrels? Yeah. Like that.

But super disruptive and annoying.

Sometimes I can tunnel-vision through a project, head down and off I go, but this week I've been so spastic I haven't been able to do that. I have let half a dozen cups of coffee go cold, haven't touched my tea (bad Casual, drink your tea!), barely managed to pick up snacks for last Sunday, and the biggest goal I had - get a haircut - literally took two days to arrange.

I haven't had a great track record this week for getting things done.

So far I have:
  • Called for a haircut appointment 8 times in two days, finally reaching them on Monday to set up an appointment for Friday
  • Ordered the watercolor pencils I desperately wanted only to have them wait to ship until today (I ordered them last Thursday!!!) so we'll see if I get any art out...
  • Took all the bottles back to the redemption center for pocket change
  • Took all the trash into the basement so it wasn't in my bedroom
  • Did two loads of laundry and forgot about them for long periods of time in both the washer and dryer
So yeah. Seven days and that's what I've done. I haven't sketched since Thursday. I haven't done much of anything except flap around like a beheaded cockerel and busy my hands with crochet :|

I've been forced by sleepiness to set aside the crochet for the night, which is frustrating because I think I only had 1.5 rounds left before just doing edging :(

Still, it was the right call because I have literally misspelled every word I've typed in the last ten minutes.

Take it from me, folks, sometimes, as they said on The Road to El Dorado: "The stars are wrong for this sacrifice. That's right. Stars. Can't do it."

In this case, though, the stars are my time management skills which have never been good, if you could even call them existent... most of my teachers would say they're nonexistent.

I do hope that I'm less scattered and dopey in the next week or two, though. I have plans and I need to be conscious and sensible (more or less) for them!!!

Try not to be too hard on yourselves when your brain just won't do what you want it to do, yeah? If you're anything like me, you get very frustrated and angry when you cannot think today and have the dumb. If the usual coping strategies aren't working, if nothing you try to control your output with works, if you're at the point of throwing up your hands and calling yourself names, remember:

You're a bunch of electricity pulsing through soggy bacon in a bone-dome piloting a faulty meat mech while hallucinating so hard you experience the world and everything in it.

Sometimes there'll be technical difficulties. 

Sometimes they'll be annoying and hard to cope with.

Sometimes there's nothing you can do about it (though you should still test all the possible solutions to see if they'll work!).

Sometimes the work doesn't get done in time and you post your Tuesday blog at 2AM on a Wednesday.

C'est la vie or whatever.

I hope any of that made sense lol!

That'll do it for me tonight!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!