Thursday, July 8, 2021

Thursday Art Walk

 

In Which I Have Pictures For You!


That's right - in spite of the fact that I accidentally chucked my pallet (oops - I'll have to get to work on that) and couldn't find any watercolor pencils to do undersketching in time, I have two new pictures for you!

"Fantasy Landscape"; Watercolor on paper; 2021

So first up, we have a "Fantasy Landscape" which I'm pretty happy with as random watercolor warmups go! This was made by randomly laying down colors until the whole page was finished, and then I let it dry. I'd like to try other, more abstract, works with water color so until my new pencils show up from the internet (because I still can't get a straight answer on whether or not the local art shop closed due to the pandemic...) that might be what I'm up to!

"Geostriping"; Bic Intensity Fineliner on watercolor paper; 2021

This is another idea I'm pretty happy with. Next time I try it, I'll use a bigger piece of paper, more colors, and a ruler, but as a first attempt, it's pretty solid! I love geometric designs and I adore these colors, so this was a lot of fun!

Now you're probably wondering why I'm suddenly all aflutter about watercolor pencils, and it's really quite simple:

I want to be able to draw things and then watercolor them in.

It's that simple. I just want to be able to take some water pens on the road and draw.

I'd love to be able to grab my bike and ride down to the waterfront, my art supplies in the little basket at the front with my water bottle and a sandwich... so that's my plan!

I also want to bring my little sketchbook and pencils for regular sketches - sometimes graphite it the way to go, after all!

Anyway, I just wanted to share some updates with y'all regarding the art struggles :)

Go Enjoy Something!!!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!