Thursday, July 29, 2021

Thursday Art Walk

 

In Which I Am Proud Of Myself :P



This week was a pretty good one, creatively! I'm setting up and prepping a bunch of future fanart sketches involving some Pokemon Original Trainers (really looking forward to introducing the McHannon Cousins and Zed with their pokepals!), wrote a bunch of notes on what to include (and contemplating fanfic - sorry Z!), and picking color palettes. I am also trying to figure out if I'll do this 100% digital, 100% traditional, or a combination of the two... I'm leaning towards "combination".

But alongside that hubbub, I was also looking for references on Twitter and YouTube.

One of my favorite folks to follow on Twitter is @Weird_Animals. They posted this hilarious photo of a Double-Crested Cormorant and I... I could not resist. At all.

Behold, my first attempt at a non-spherical bird:

"FEESH NOW"; watercolor pencil on watercolor paper; 2021

I cannot stop laughing when I look at this piece. Seriously, it's just so goofy, and I can't wait to take it out of the notebook and scan it onto Redbubble.

For now, though, it's getting a little late, and I'm enjoying an author talk with my partner (it's Richard Lange discussing Rovers, and it involves vampires).

If you guys have any questions about my fanfiction ideas, feel free to tell me! I have never actually posted a fanfic on the internet before, so I'm a wee bit nervous, tbh.

I hope y'all are having a decent week. Mine's been pretty alright, to be honest. I have been having a headache around 5pm every day, which is weird, but it's probably dehydration. It always is.

Anywho, that'll do it for me!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!