Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which I Swear I'm Working Hard
And Not Just Hardly Working



It's been a Summer. Quite a Summer. Some days I feel like I'm endlessly floating in a humid pool of nonsense and others I feel like I'm hurtling towards some uncomfortable future at lightspeed.

Who knew...

Cereal makes me philosophical.

Today has been another hot and humid day (80℉/26.7℃ with 51% humidity). I woke up to cicadas outside, which I only hear when it's disgusting out. We don't get the constant summer scream where I live, and I truly feel bad for anyone with sensory issues who lives with an abundance of cicadas. Yikes. Sorry bros.

I think I mentioned yesterday that I tore up the backs of my ankles walking around town in the rain (worth it - that bookstore is loaded with sweet sweet literary goodness), and as of today they're still stiff and painful. Which means my plans for a walk were once more thwarted. I can't even use the treadmill. Wah.

I can, however, do crunches and situps (though not pushups, sadly), so I did those today. I also ate a bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats for lunch, which was awesome and gave me some nice clarity and focus that lasted 3 whole hours! For reference, the focus hit I get off of coffee lasts maybe 15 minutes tops. I'm 99% sure it's psychosomatic, but that's fine because I also haven't snacked since the cereal. Win?

I'm also 99% sure that the latest birdur (murder-of-bird-by-bird) in my yard was perpetrated by a redtail hawk! I heard what sounded like a FURIOUS catbird on testosterone and went to the window and an enormous reddish brown raptor was sitting on top of a flattened pigeon under the bird feeder (RIP pigeon, sorry you got smooshed). When he saw me, we locked eyes and he SKRAAAAA'd at me one last time before taking off. For whatever reason, my phone blows at taking photos through my window (USA = window screens = focus issues galore but also less cat escapes and bug intake) so I do not have any photos worth sharing, but what an encounter!!!

Besides the big bad birdle borg not much has happened since Sunday's bookstravaganza and blisterpalooza. I almost went back to the bookstore today but needed my shower and so did not end up going. Maybe next Sunday if it's not pouring?

I'm hoping to do some sketching later today, maybe prep for another watercolor piece and test out my new erasers and pencil sharpener. Hopefully I also get to cook this week - I would like to try making bao! I'll let y'all know how it goes if I succeed. If you hear nothing, I did not succeed :P

I'm also hoping to get to work on some old crochet projects and maybe also start a gag gift for someone... we'll see if I can get that to work. I don't know if it will.

Anywho, that'll about do it for me! I'm riding that cereal high and about to go supplement it with coffee, despite the heat lol.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!