Monday, October 4, 2021

Fiber Monday

 

In Which Today Has Been A Day, Has It Not


So... Facebook.

Amiright?!

That was fun.

Anyway, today was my crochet day, but most of the morning was actually spent looking for our hot glue gun so I could secure the eyes into Mystery Project #1, which... I FINISHED!!!

Sort of.

See, I ran out of yarn for the tail, so instead it has none. If I ever find a good deal on the yarn I'll pick a skein up to make the tail (and possibly a friend for this lil dude!)

The lil dude in question:

He's so cute!!!

This lil guy, believe it or not, is a "Dumpling Kitty" by Sarah Sloyer on Ravelry. It's an easy pattern, but I had to go and be creative (or something) and do one without 1) stripes and 2) a mouth, so that required a bit of thinking (pro-tip: the color changes count as a stitch!). Mine came out kinda looking like a rabbit, but that doesn't stop it from being hecking cute. It is so stinking cute! And I don't miss the tail (which, uh, is good because I'm 100% out of this yarn).

If you weren't here last week, you're maybe wondering why I can't just substitute in another worsted/heavy DK weight white acrylic yarn for this project. If you were, you probably want me to prove that this stuff does what I said it does...

Ladies & Gentlemen, we have GLOW!!!


Yes! The glow looks great even after only 15 seconds of close exposure to my bedside lamp! If I have any complaints about this yarn it's that:
  1. The skeins are tiny (like, maybe 100 yards tiny)
  2. The yarn itself seems to be polluted with sharp bits of plastic that can really hurt
  3. Splitty, splitty, splitty yarn
I did a little more work on the other Mystery Project, though, and for that, we can either look next to the first pic of that lil critter or I can show you this:

Wow... Not a big difference from last week, huh...

And yet there is a significant difference.

There's at least 6 new rounds, and I'm taking it up to around 150 stitches around before next week, I hope. If not 180!

Okay, you may be thinking, but this is getting a little... big. You'd be right. I have plans for this bad boy and they don't involve it being microscopic... no matter what a 1.9mm hook might suggest :P


Anywho, that'll about do it for me today. I'll have a lot to blather about tomorrow involving my cat, the internet, and more, so stay tuned, folks!

And don't forget to

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!