Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which My Arms Itch


My cat has an infection. This doesn't surprise us - she's probably had URI's the whole time we've had her. Unfortunately, she has a 10 day course of antibiotics to take, and even more unfortunately, they're pills. She refuses to be pilled.

She knows when you hide it.

She knows when you're holding it.

She will not take it.

So one of us (me) has to hold her while the other person (my mom) tries to cram a quarter of a pill down her gullet.

She does not approve, of course, and since I have a minor cat allergy, her scratches on my arms and stomach itch a lot.

But thankfully my younger sibling came over and the cat was practically comatose in their lap during pill-time, so that went pretty well.

Still, we've got something like 8 days to go, so I'm hoping the rest go like tonight's. This morning was apparently a real mess, but she was pilled nonetheless.

I've been really tired lately. I've been having bizarre dreams and restless sleep, and I'd really like to just enjoy this fall. We dipped back into summer today, too, which isn't helping with my inattentiveness and sleepiness. I don't think well when I'm too warm - my eyes droop, my back tightens, and I just don't feel right.

The high today was, I think, around 76℉ (24.4℃), which was especially galling after a series of 56-63℉ (13.3 - 17.2℃) days. I hope tomorrow will be nicer so I can more comfortably walk around. I need to get out for more than a slow meander around the yard with a crazy kitty!

My plan for the rest of this week is to work on art and crochet, so I hope the weather cooperates (not too dry so my paintings evaporate too fast, good weather for random jaunts around town to work in fresh air, etc). I also hope my brain cooperates, but that's far less reliable than the weather lol!

I have something planned for Thursday, so hopefully that works out!

I think that'll do it for me for now though, I'm very tired and my Thursday project is taking a lot out of me through just the prep phase!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!