Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which It's Been Quite The Week


So Facebook died for a bit yesterday and that was a Bit of Trouble for a lot of people. I know people sell handmade crafts and stuff on FB, and I really hope they're doing okay and that a day of tense waiting and hoping. Personally, I was mostly annoyed that it was harder to talk to my boyfriend and was completely cut off from my friends :(

I used that time to make my blog yesterday, but what about Friday-Sunday and also Today (the days I haven't blogged about)?

Well, on Friday my cat went in for her dental cleaning and health check. She has to be completely sedated for this, since they usually have to take teeth out (she has suffered from periodontal disease since before we got her). Now, she's had a lot of health issues since we got her. Polyps, perpetual cough, lack of appetite, bad teeth, she's kind of an adorable lil wreck. She's also eleven.

Which all combines to mean that for most of Friday, I was on pins & needles hoping she'd be okay. She hadn't eaten at all on Thursday night, after all. Thankfully, around noon, the vet called and said she was waking up fine.

But they'd had to take two teeth.
And they took a sample of the slime in her throat.
And they found another polyp, this one in her right ear, laying horizontally too far down to reach.
And she was a bit underweight.

And she's eleven.

She's more than 2/3 of the way through her lifespan, and she's spent the whole time sick.

So of course we've basically been her slaves since Friday.

She spent Saturday and most of Sunday asleep in her kennel (to prevent her from hurting herself), and while the door stayed open, she didn't like to leave. She did, however, eat all of her food for once in a long long time. She ate breakfast every morning, even taking her pain pill (those are gone now)! She slept 90% of the time, and she mostly wanted snuggles when she wasn't in her kennel, which we covered with a flannel blanket for privacy.

I should mention it was in the mid-50s here for temps (55℉ = 12.8℃) so to her it probably was very chilly. Today was a nice balmy 65℉ (18.3℃) and I took her for her first walk post-surgery. She... ate grass and rolled on the warm driveway and completely ignored the chipmunk two feet away from her face. Then she wanted to come in after an hour of lounging and rolling and nibbling, and I gave her a snack.

She ate her snack!

She has an appetite! She just needs people around her and for her food to be higher than it currently is.

Unfortunately for me, today was also a day beset with mold spores. Which I am very very allergic to.

I've been sneezing since I woke up, and I hate it because my nose feels heavy and my eyes itch like crazy.

The eyes are the giveaway. If I had a cold, it'd just be my nose, but with the eyes feeling like my eyelids are lined with Brillo? Definitely allergies.

I will take my meds before I sleep.

So basically the whole time I haven't been on here or crocheting I've been a cat slave!

That's been my week.

The rest of my week is looking pretty similar, tbh. And no, she didn't like the treat I bought her on Saturday (a tube of chicken flavored treat from Tiki Cat). Maybe she'd have liked it better from the tube and higher up? I don't know.

Probably not, she can be picky.

Anywho, the rest of the week is for Art Prompts and Falloween/Spooktober fabulousness!

I'm gonna curl up in my flannel shirt and my fluffy pants and read spooky stories until I conk out tonight.

That'll do it from me!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!