Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which Today Has Been Very Long


My day started at 5:30AM with the buzz of my laptop fan.

This was not a good thing to hear because it meant three things:
  1. I had fallen asleep with the laptop on my lap again
  2. I was awake at 5:30AM
  3. Microsoft must've pushed the update and restarted my laptop...
Now, frustratingly enough, I was right about all three things, and it meant that Windows had oh-so-helpfully force-closed all the programs I was using in order to restart.

Which included the massive art project I've been working on since October first.

18 days of work were completely corrupted and unsalvageable.

So why wasn't I more than slightly annoyed?

That would be because the Project Resentment had already set in.

At a certain point in large projects, I realize that I haven't prepared thoroughly enough and my work starts to suffer. At that stage, I start to slowly come to despise the work itself, everything I've done, and everything I have left to do. The Resentment started some time last week, so as you can imagine, I was pretty pissed at every perceived mistake.

Often, if I don't finish the project quickly when I recognize the Project Resentment, I'll just destroy it myself. I'll delete the whole thing and all of my research and start over.

Now I didn't have to do that because my computer did it for me.

So instead I rolled my eyes, opened the programs I'd need and headed downstairs while things loaded up.

The cat needed her pill at 8AM, so I stayed downstairs drinking coffee and playing on my phone. Once the hour struck, I woke up the cat where she was draped over the back of a recliner and held her still while my mom jammed a pill into her mouth. She pouted for an hour, but was otherwise fine. She hasn't coughed in several days! She has the zoomies again! She played for a full 10 minutes this afternoon!

She spit her pill out tonight and we had to jam it in her face a second time and now she hates us!

Pretty sure she growled at me for the first time ever.

Sorry, lil brat, you need the pills so you will recover from this stupid infection we've known you had for years and yet the vet never wanted to do anything about it...

Anywho, it's been delightfully chilly the last couple of days - we had temps of about 51℉ (10.5℃) and while it has been drizzly and damp, it's also felt very fallish. I'm wearing a sweater, guys. A turtleneck sweater. I've got thick, fuzzy blankets on my bed.

And of course it's all going to end tomorrow and come back next weekend, but hey, we can't always get what we want, right...

I like chilly weather.

I will say there's two parts I don't enjoy about the shift from summer-to-autumn, though:
  1. the effect rapidly shifting temps has on my sinuses
  2. the effect rapidly shifting temps & humidity have on my window
I'm apparently allergic to change - every fall and spring I go through a phase where, around 7:30PM, I just start stuffing up and sneezing. This happens everywhere, not just at home, so it's something to do with my body and the world in general. Best guess? I inherited my mother's terrible sinuses which can't withstand anything at all and I'm super sensitive to the rapid temperature changes. The lining of my sinuses stretches and dries rapidly, triggering a sneeze.

As for the window, whenever the glass gets wet for several days and then dries out in cool temperatures, it makes these awful digestive noises. It seriously sounds like someone's having gurgling heartburn at the end of my bed with their mouth open, face pressed to the glass of the window. Wretched. Especially after mainlining all the seasons of Buzzfeed's Unsolved Supernatural shows.

Still writing that spooky ghost hunter story.

Still writing the wrestling story, too.

I think I've rambled enough, though, so I'll let you go with a warning that I may seem equally loopy and exhausted on Thursday since we're still pilling her until Friday or Saturday, so... early to rise for a few more days.

Thursday should contain art, however, and next Monday I'll have more shawl & secret project updates for Fiber Monday :)

That'll do it for me, tonight!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!