Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Talk About Tuesday

 

Yep. Still Tired lol.


Great news! I'm sleeping more than 2 hours a night again!

Bad news is, though, that even a full 8 hours a night isn't recharging me yet.

I'll be working on rectifying that by moving more tomorrow, since I think part of my tiredness is because I keep forgetting to exercise enough. I took a short walk yesterday (the uphill-both-ways one I do every week), but I couldn't go out much today because not only was it chilly, it's been raining off and on since the afternoon. Right now it's pouring and the wind is roaring.

My eyes constantly feel gritty, right now, which is a pain, but I've been through this before. I go through the eye-grime every time I start recovering from an insomniac bout. Best things for it are water, sleep, and face-washing. I'll be getting the first and last as soon as I post this blog, but the middle one will come when it comes, and no amount of relaxation techniques and soothing jazz will change that. It'll probably hit me around 2AM. That seems to be the magic hour for sleep lol.

I still haven't grabbed my red crochet thread, so I won't be able to finish the Secret Project for a while yet, but we'll get there.

I have ideas for Thursday - I might try to do more work on that silly Happiny idea from last week, or I might try to draw something else. Maybe a dinosaur. I have been thinking a lot about raptors this week lol.

Mostly I just keep getting distracted. I'm distracted a lot lately, mostly because I'm having SpeedyBrain, which is hard when I also have MolassesBrain at the same time. My thoughts are very very fast, but it's like having an auctioneer in my head. The thinky thinky goes fast, but the understandy goes very very slow. I'm fairly sure that's just because of the overabundance of coffee, so I'll try to have less caffeine tomorrow - easy since I plan to be using the treadmill and coffee + treadmill = disaster, so there will be less bean juice tomorrow than today lol.

Then again, I'm seeing that it'll be pretty nice out tomorrow. Still windy (the real feel will be about 10℉ lower than the ambient temperature), but sunny (in the afternoon). If I'm very sneaky I might be able to get all the way down to Main Street without too much trouble from the neighborhood dogs, and if it really is all that nice (I'm seeing temps of about 53℉/11,7℃!) I might find a spot downtown to sit in the sun with a sketchbook and a thermos of lemon tea.

We'll see how motivated I feel around noon.

Let's see, what else should I talk about...

  • I saw a bald eagle on Sunday! It wheeled around the intersection I cross on my way downtown to the local bookstores and vanished behind some houses and trees. Very cool.
  • My next door neighbors have somehow ended up with a rooster, which is fine - it's not a very loud boi. It was just driving me nuts trying to figure out where the rooster noises were actually coming from.
  • The deer have been emptying my mom's bird feeders into their cute lil faces on a nightly basis and my mom is getting ready to sic the cat on them.
  • The cat got a new heavy ceramic planter which my mother planted with cat grass. The cat thanked her by trying to dig in the damp soil, then smugly trotted away to use the freshly-cleaned litterbox, only to bound upstairs with inquiring noises as soon as my mother tried to replace the literally soiled table cloth with a new one. The cat then proceeded to sit in the very center of the table and refuse to move, which ended with my mother just draping the tablecloth over the cat, who happily sat there in her tablecloth tent for a good 10 minutes. During the smug tablecloth adventure, I punctured a piece of plastic wrap a bunch of times and covered the cat's ungrown grass with it, using some toothpicks to hold the plastic off of the dirt.
  • My dad finally beat a hard level in Beat Saber. He's getting good at the base game, apparently, and he plays it before dinner.
  • I tried faroh risotto tonight and it was very nice. 10/10 do recommend.

I think that about covers my news this week, guys. I'll do my best to post a drawing on Thursday!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!