Thursday, February 24, 2022

Thursday Art Walk

 

Sketches Are Fun!


It was incredibly gorgeous yesterday. I'm talking 60℉ (15,6℃), sunny, breezy and gorgeous. I took a long walk downtown and wandered from shop to shop hoping to pick up a not-too-expensive sketchbook the size of a small hardcover or trade paperback. I wasn't successful with that, but on my way back I stopped at our local library, a massive granite building partly funded by Carnegie back in the day, and sat on a bench in the sun to sketch in the big sketchbook I brought with me.

Instead of continuing the Happiny saga, I ended up creating a character!

"Cooper"; graphite & Pigma pen, 2022

Cooper is a new character who doesn't quite have a story yet. I know some things about him - he's missing an eye and has various glass eyes he likes to wear with fun pupils or weird colors, he's unselfconscious about his scarring, he likes to wear incredibly fluffy jackets and faux fur, he's a mechanical engineer, and he dresses as a ridiculous copper-colored marabou velociraptor named Copper for fun.

I'm 99% certain he's gonna end up in one of my modern Steampunk-esque stories about sentient automatons from Wales. If I can figure out a way to simplify his characteristics, I'd also like to draw comics of him!

Now as for why I brought up the weather earlier... it was 16℉ (-8,9℃) and only got to about 24℉ (-4,5℃). Tomorrow we'll have snow (up to 18" or 45,72cm) and it will be maybe about half as warm as it got today. That's why I'm currently wearing an outfit made of wool and fleece and all of my blankets are on my bed lol. It's also why I am planning on taking all of tomorrow to make more art!

We'll see if I actually follow through, though, because I'm notoriously lazy as heck on snowy days!

Anyway, that's today's sketch/drawing. I think I'll work a little more on him later :)

Go Enjoy Something!
And Stay Safe.

FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!