Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which I Cooked Myself lol


Today was an incredibly beautiful day. The sky was practically Microsoft blue, no clouds, breezy but not cold, and so warm! It was only supposed to reach 50℉ (10℃) but it actually was about 58℉ (14,4℃)! I overdressed on my walk and cooked myself. You wouldn't think a tank top and a 30 year old fleece jacket would be too much on a day like this, but whoo boy, did I get a headache. My cheeks were like apple-shaped furnaces, and my palms are hot and dry. That's a right cooking right there.

Thankfully I'm feeling much better after a delicious BLT from the local co-op, some Chocolove with toffee bits, and about a gallon of water!

Unfortunately the cat is not feeling her best. She's been urpy all day, and she's the reason I just had to pop the table cloth in the washing machine. Don't worry, I used a cold, light setting, and I'm drying it on delicate with some other light-colored and lightweight clothes (some tees and over shirts), and I'll try to replace it on the table tomorrow.

I also did a bunch of dishes, and after those got done, it meant that I shouldn't need to do more than just a cup, a bowl, a spoon, and probably chopsticks for myself and 2-3 plates for my cat (yes, she eats off of dinner plates, she's people too). Why three plates for a tiny cat? Because sometimes she wants to join my mother & me for coffee and since the poor lil kitty cannot drink coffee, we give her a splash of the half & half.

My mother exclusively buys the kind that's only made of milk & cream, no fillers! It also means that my morning mocha is extremely good.

Hopefully she feels better tomorrow and I can give her some cream and a cuddle before she wants out.

My plans for the next several days mostly involve house cleaning and furniture rearrangement, but I also plan to make some art on Thursday - maybe something in a sketchbook.

It's supposed to be cloudy tomorrow and about 10 degrees cooler, but perhaps the breeze will still be sufficient to get the cat inside after less than 2 hours of desperately trying to climb things she shouldn't climb.

Like the utility pole.

Or the neighbor's spruce.

Or (and she hasn't tried this - yet) the house.

Cats, man. What can you do?! Right now she's conked out in my dad's recliner in a Patriots blanket nest. Hopefully she gets some rest and water and feels better tomorrow. I wonder if she's just stressed that my mom is off helping my grandmother out?


This kitty be sleepy



Alright, I'm feeling pretty sleepy now, so I'll let y'all go!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!