Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which It Is Warming Up!


I'm pretty sure it reached 58℉ (14,4℃) today during the short period where we got sun instead of sprinkles, and with the sun came a flock of wild turkeys! We had a very tall tom and six hens, all of whom converged on my mother's bird feeders. Thankfully, none of them tried to empty the feeders themselves, but they were certainly cleaning up the mess the squirrels and chipmunks left behind! That tom could've probably just stood all the way up and eaten from the feeders himself if he'd wanted, to be honest. He was truly enormous!

Sometimes, when we see wildlife in my back yard, they're not very healthy. It's the 21st century and I'm about a mile from the center of town. It can feel like we're in the middle of nowhere when my neighbors all seem to own poultry or livestock of their own (seriously, our newest neighbors have brought a pair of either lambs or kids onto their property, and I'm a bit baffled, to be honest), but I can see Domino's and the busiest street in town from my childhood bedroom. It's not a rural neighborhood. Anything wild does run the risk of mange or accidental poisoning - especially since the dump is close enough to smell on a bad day.

We've had sick coyotes, poisoned owls, tick-ridden deer, and possibly possessed squirrels.

But those turkeys were some of the healthiest animals I've ever seen!

The tom was completely relaxed, too - he just milled around under the feeders with his harem, utterly unbothered by my face plastered to the window quite obviously. Evie was enraptured with them, for a bit, but since she's a cat, she got bored pretty fast and went back to trying to convince one of us to take her out to hunt the poor chipmunk. She's got a vendetta on the poor lil guy...

Also I found a fly and a cellar spider in my room. These bugs combined with the abundance of healthy wildlife outside and the balmy-yet-damp weather tell me that it indeed spring is upon us. Fred, the cellar spider, has been relocated to the basement, where they will continue their duties as an exterminator in peace. No one will bother them in the bulkhead, so they'll get to keep chilling. The fly has vanished and I can only hope it found its way downstairs and possibly out of my dang house. Don't need any maggots up here, thanks. I'm good.

I may have to put my window fan in tonight. I'm pretty toasty and I have my lightest sheet on and the ceiling fan on. I would rather not put the window fan in before my folks turn off the heat, though.

Regardless, I've got work I am going to do this week!

Tomorrow I'll be sketching and figuring out what art to make.
Thursday I'll be posting an Art Blog!
Friday-Sunday I'll be working on my crochet
Monday I'll post the next part of the Mystery Project!
Next Tuesday I'll be back here blathering again lol.

I think that'll about do it for me tonight. My brain is pudding and I cannot think lol!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!