Thursday, April 28, 2022

Thursday Art Walk

 

In Which It Is A Transition Week
So I am Discombobulated


Oh boy do I get thrown off easily. I usually do my shopping (for cheap snacks and drinks) on Wednesdays, but yesterday it was pouring like a tap during Happy Hour in a dive bar in Poughkeepsie, so I stayed inside all day, hilariously tired (seriously I could not keep my eyes open for more than 20 minutes at a time), and ridiculously cozy (pajamas all the way, babies).

This meant that I had to go outside today, and today was, as the memes say, heckin wimdy. Gusts of like 35mph at time windy, in fact (that's 56,3kph!)

But I went out! In a tank top and a sweatshirt! And I was fine! Because I only walked to the nearby uphill-both-ways shops I go to on the reg and back, which is about a 1 mile round trip lol.

That only took me about a half hour total, I'm pretty sure, and when I got back, I cracked open a lime Jarritos and a bag of locally sourced potato chips (sour cream & onion!) and got to painting!

"Dream Bunny"; Watercolor and Micron; 2022


I'm really happy with how this little experiment turned out! I didn't draw anything, just started laying down little dabs of color with those brush pens I got a while back, then blending them out instantly with a clean water brush. I chose the colors at random using a number generator between 1 and 24 (which is how many colors there are in the set). I might try this again with my other sets and other animals!

A Dream Menagerie sounds nice, these days, doesn't it?

So that's this week's art!

I would chat some more, but I'm actually working pretty hard on the crochet projects I have right now, so I should probably get back to those...

Even though I really want to try to paint more dream animals...

;)

Go Enjoy Something, guys!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!