Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which I Struggle With Timekeeping


I was supposed to write this blog post 12 hours ago, but uh... I didn't wake up until almost noon. I started writing tonight after 9:30PM (2130 in 24hr). I didn't sleep well, though. I kept waking up. Sometimes it was the wind (we had 35-40mph/56,3-64,4kph gusts), sometimes the rain (we got almost 1.5"/3,81cm of rain last night), and sometimes I just felt cold (it was only about 38℉/3,33℃).

tl;dr - I overslept in tiny, unsatisfying chunks all night because the weather sucked so now I'm mildly grumpy and my brain is lumpy.

In nicer news, tomorrow should be sunny, though it'll still be windy, so I might go do some errands to get outside for more than five minutes. Then I'll do my best to write some notes, do some crochet, sketch, etc.

I wish I'd finished something artistic last Thursday, but it wasn't gonna happen. The art project I was trying out just didn't work right, and none of my sketches looked even mildly presentable. Bleh. Just not having a very creative time lately.

I keep thinking I'd like to work on something like a clay sculpture, but let's be real, I'm not spending money on yet another art supply I'll get bored with in 3 weeks. And if you buy clay, you have to buy something to paint it with, and acrylics can be as pricey as watercolors. Bleh.

You know what, though...

I think it might be my bed.

See, usually, my bed only squeaks if I rock back and forth, but now it's freaking insane. It groans and squeals when I move even a little. Yes, I'm heavier than I was even a year ago, but... I'm pretty sure it did this last year, too. In fact, I think it did something similar in the fall...

I'm dumb.

Of course the bed makes noise. It's a transition period. Relative humidity, temperatures, and air pressure are in flux. My bed frame is over 70% wood (the only metal being the rails). Of course it's having issues!

I'm glad I've figured that one out!

Anywho, here's the plan for the next 7 days:

Tomorrow - go outside, touch grass, maybe do some sketches, some errands, etc.
Thursday - Art. I hope.
Friday-Sunday - catch up on crochet, maybe work on some of my book ideas.
Monday - Crochet!
Next Tuesday - Blather!

Alright. I think that'll do it for me. I am le pooped lol!
Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!