Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which My Attention Has Been Pretty Shattered Lately...
Again


Every so often (okay, it's becoming more frequent lately) I have days where I cannot focus at all. I can't play video games, I can't read, I can't crochet, I can't paint, I can't write, I cannot focus on a single thing for more than five minutes... unless I'm so hyperfocused on something that I can do nothing else.

I do not like these bad-attention days. I enjoy being productive. I'd much prefer to do a few things than Just One Thing.

Caffeine does not help. Naps do not happen. I'm snappish and rude and argumentative when I'm scattered.

The good news is, I have been able to focus more today. I'm still a little distractible, but I managed to commit to a strategy on a game I was playing for 2 hours, so that was great.

So that's what happened to Monday's post, I got too distracted and literally could not commit to a project to show you.

Hopefully by Thursday I'll be back in action and able to fulfill any requests made via Ko-Fi. Possible art request categories are: Animal, Vegetable, Mineral, Geometric, Place. Just a lil shameless plug there, sorry lol.

Anyway, the weather lately has been pretty good (the sun is very hot, but the breeze is strong and the humidity was low). Sadly, today's weather was awful. The sun was bright, but it's about 73% humidity and windy as heck. Tonight's probably going to rain, too.

My mother went and got her 2nd Shingles shot, so it was a make-your-own dinner night. I made a Mi Goreng and topped it with a fried egg, and I have to say... it looked fantastic.

A bowl of mi goreng noodles with a round fried egg on top. The yolk is orange and looks like it would be wobbly if shaken.
And yes, it tasted as good as it looks!

I learned 2 things making this egg.

1) Use a lid after the white sets so that the yolk can steam a bit - it's better that way.

2) Use a small pan and plenty of oil or cooking spray.

The 3rd thing I'd say if asked is this: The more saturated the color of the yolk, the more delicious it's probably gonna be, so if it's a yellow yolk, feel free to cook it through.

I let the runny yolk coat my hot noodles and then ate it, and honestly? Best food I've had this week.

I do wish I had a coffee though. Even if it is 7:30PM and my cutoff is 7...

I do have decaf...

I should make coffee....

Anywho, here's the plan for the rest of the week/weekend!
  • Art on Thursday! I don't have a theme locked down yet (though I have taken some ideas under advisement!)
  • I'll keep looking for games for Saturday
  • Hopefully I won't get lost in the dozen or so projects I'm working on and I'll have something coherent for you on Monday
  • Blather Next Tuesday!
Wow the sky is yellow now! The sun is setting through the light sprinkle.

I think I'll grab that decaf and settle in for the evening :)

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!