Thursday, July 28, 2022

Thursday Art Walk

In Which a Dreamy Day Was Had By A Certain Birb

Dedbert had a wonderful day today, which is very good for him. I didn't have quite so nice a day, but we can easily chalk that up to today being a comedy of errors.

First, I woke up around 3AM and never got back to sleep. Then I tried to take the returnables back, but the redemption center was closed (again). Then I tried to pick up snacks, but the Family Dollar was closed (again). Then I tried to get two cans of Dr Pepper but they only had one at the Food Service, but that was alright because I got a Coke instead. Then my mom and I went to Staples and tried to print a photo for someone but the photo printer booth was closed. Then I went to the Dollar Store, which is, of course, the buck twenty five store now, and they didn't have M&Ms. At least they had my popcorn. For twelve cents more than usual.

All in all, a very frustrating day.

So of course I had to paint something soothing today, rather than frustrating and complex.

Thankfully, today's category was the newly-added DEDBERT, so here is our boy chilling in a pond, unbothered, in his lane, moisturized, etc.

"Dedbert Dream" watercolor on rag paper, 2022

Look at our boy! He's so calm, so relaxed in his little spa, surrounded by grasses and wildflowers as the sun gently sets.

Pure bliss.

In fact, I absolutely wish I was him, floating gently in a cool but not cold pool under a cotton candy sky with no cares, no regrets. Just pure Dreamspace.

It's why I love painting Dream Creatures!

My day may have been frustrating, but now I'm just vibing with my smol damp son, so maybe life isn't so bad?

I hope you all have a day like Dedbert's soon, where you simply exist and are enough and are satisfied.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!