Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Talk About Tuesday

In Which Today Flew By At Mach 8

I woke up, bleary-eyed and hoarse-voiced, a little after nine this morning. I rolled out of bed and breathed deeply, stretching and luxuriating in the cool 70℉/21,1℃ air. When I finally made my way downstairs, I was actually a little chilly at the knees!

Today was, in short, the first very nice day in a week.

So of course I "wasted" it by staying inside.

Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed the sunny, warm-but-not-hot weather! I just enjoyed it by watching the hummingbirds at the feeder, drinking coffee, writing, crocheting, and planning out some art ideas that I hope to work on before January 1st.

I also started a new multicolor abstract art project in Paint.net just for laughs.

Really, I didn't waste today at all, but to an outside observer, it must have looked like I just sat around all day!

And that's alright, guys.

Sometimes, making progress looks like being lazy to someone who doesn't know what you're actually doing. Right now, I'm sitting at my laptop, headphones in, pajamas on, feet dangling, a cup of decaf coffee to one side, and about a million tabs open. If you weren't familiar with my blog, weren't reading my words, it'd look like I was just journaling while listening to a podcast or something.

Just.

But journaling can be progress, too. It can be you organizing your thoughts, like I do with Tuesdays' blogs. Journaling can be you introspecting and finding things you need to improve about yourself, making the plans to make those improvements, recording improvements as you make them. It can be you recording story ideas for your next manuscript, essay, novel, or whatever. You might, in your jotting down and thinking, find some arcane solution to a problem you've been facing. You might order your emotions. You might just write "I like cake" over and over until the words lose meaning.

You're still doing something.

And today, I did things. I didn't walk 5 miles, I didn't buy groceries, I didn't take a Zoom call with the local paper so I could learn how their new pay structures for advertising work, and I didn't get stuck with the worst jobs in a hospital or IT group, but I did things.

I wrote. I listened to authors discussing their craft. I planned to make digital art, and I started making abstractions. I studied. I applied to a job (fingers crossed).

And I know you've all done things today, too!

As for the rest of this week, here's the plan:
  • If you want to have a say in what I draw, paint, etc on the blog on Thursday, make a donation on my Ko-Fi account (see the sidebar!) with a message telling me which category you'd like!
    • Animal
    • Vegetable
    • Mineral
    • Geometric
    • Location
    • Word
    • Dedbert (the green owl mascot of this blog!)
  • If you also want to tell me what medium to use for Thursday, send a second donation via Ko-Fi indicating which one!
    • Watercolor
    • Colored Pencil
    • Marker
    • Ink
    • Pencil
    • Digital
  • Hopefully I'll have progress to show off next Monday, crochet-wise. It's been so hot lately!
  • Next Tuesday, I'll be back to blather

Hopefully you're all doing alright out there! I'm tired, cozy, and happy with my artistic scribbling today. 

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!