Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which I Needed A Day Yesterday.


Yesterday sucked. I'll just be honest here, it was a garbage day and I felt like garbage the whole time.

I was 100% people'd out, but people kept wanting to talk to me, which would be great on days when I miss people, but I'd already had my fill and did not want to keep talking. I just wanted to exist, maybe watch some videos, listen to the rain.

Definitely didn't want to crochet.

Certainly didn't want to try to figure out why following This Pattern ended up with the stitch counts NEVER ONCE MATCHING UP FOR SOME REASON. Honestly, what a migraine of a pattern. How did our ancestors do it?!

Also, my vintage Boye Steel Hook 3 has a very obvious bend at the tip that sometimes disrupts my crocheting, but I cannot bend it back with my bare hands because, again, it's steel.

So yeah, yesterday was a complete and total bust where I never felt right or good or creative or smart or anything positive.

At least I didn't feel negative, and I'll take "just wants to stare at rain in silence" over "anxious about uncontrollable stuff and also self-loathing" any day.

Today was the exact opposite of yesterday, I'm happy to say, and I managed to go for a little walk, picking up some little treasures to put in my Goblin's Purse that I made previously. You can find my collections here, if you're interested! It wasn't as long a walk as I'd have liked, even though it was only about 60℉/15,6℃. The problem was that it was also 98% humidity! I got sweaty in less than a mile, so I headed home with a can of coke, some rocks, and a general sense of satisfaction.

As for the rest of this week, we've had a taker on the "tell me what to paint" front! You'll see what was requested on Thursday, but if you'd like to give me even more work to do, you can hit up my Ko-Fi and send me a donation with a message telling me which category (Animal, Vegetable, Mineral, Geometric, Location, Word, Dedbert) you'd like me to work from! I'll do my best to finish any pieces I receive in the next 24 hours by Thursday at noon Eastern :)

Here's the schedule (tentative):
  • Thursday: art! You'll see what was "commissioned" this week
  • Next Monday: Hopefully something!
  • Next Tuesday: Blather from Me To You!

That'll about do it for me today. I'm pretty tired and this blog was supposed to go up 2 hours ago lol.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!