Monday, September 19, 2022

Fiber Monday

 

In Which Progress Doesn't... look like much tbh


So the last couple of weeks (pretty much ever since I made that cute little Goblin's Purse) I haven't been showing much crochet. This isn't because I haven't been doing much crochet, it's because what I have been doing is so repetitive and plain that it doesn't look like I've been doing crochet.

That's why there aren't any photos this week.

Also because I'm super duper cozy and don't want to get up and take photos, to be perfectly honest.

It's been perfect weather to curl up and crochet lately (48-67℉/8,9-19,4℃), and I've been in long sleeves and flannel and pants and it's been lovely, but the patterns I'm working on (a pair of gloves, a shrug, the Mushroom Bag) are largely repetitious and same-y, so it doesn't look like I'm making any progress on them.

The Shrug is very close to completion - I'm at about 14.5" (36,83cm) wide with a goal of 17" (43,18cm) before I fold it and sew in the arm holes, then I have to do the edging, which I'm still not sure which one I'll use.

The gloves are just now reaching the thumb stage, which will be visible, but right now they just look like a weird beige lacy cylindar.

The bag is.... frustrating. Every time I think I have a solution, three more problems pop up. I think I can figure it out, and when it's finally done, I think we'll all be happy.

Boy is today the "I Think" day on the blog...

But I've also been busy with other things, and hopefully you'll understand more in a few days what I've been up to.

Related - does anyone have any suggestions on what to use as a polishing compound if the green stuff that came with your rotary tool is solidified? I've read that toothpaste is okay to use, but I'd like to know more.

Anywho, I promise I have actually been working on crochet, but that's just how it do be sometimes, I guess. Sometimes you can work for 8 hours straight and look down at your project and think "Where is all that work I just did? It looks the same!"

Don't lose heart if this is happening to you, too. Just measure after every pattern repeat and try to maintain your gauge, and you'll get through. So will I.

I think that's all I have for today, so keep on hooking along, friends, and...

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!