Monday, July 3, 2023

Fiber Monday

 
In Which I Am Working Along

Last week I talked about how I was going to do another leaf, then work on the body of the pouch, and I'm absolutely doing that.

It's gonna take a bit.

See, I've upgraded to a 1.9mm hook, and the white thread I have is a little heavier than the red, which you'd think would mean it'd be a lot faster, right?

But I'm using 100% single crochet in each row of the pouch body.

I used a lot of double crochet on the leaves, and chain spaces, which work up faster and longer.

So the bodies will take a while. And the sides will take a while too.

I have options, of course!

I could switch to a 2.25mm hook! I could find another thread or yarn to use for the body! I could give up and start over (which I won't)!

Lots of options.

You know what I can't do?

Rush it.

It's just a rectangle. It's about as uncomplicated as a project gets.

But it's tiny, and I'm struggling against insomnia, and I am very easily distracted by trying to figure out how to get high enough to reach the monuments in Tears of the Kingdom.

Also I keep trying to find my book so I can read.

It's not lost - I'm looking right at it.

I just forget why I'm getting up every time I go to grab it, ending up sketching or crocheting or gaming instead of reading.

I'll grab the book tomorrow.

For now, I'll get back to crocheting - it's barely over an inch long at this point, even 15 rows in.

A strip of white crocheted tread laying on my laptop.
We're 50 stitches across, approximately 15 rows long.
It's about as wide as my hand.

I know I can bang these pouches out before September. I hope I can actually finish them, dye them, add their hardware (they need straps!) and test them before the Ren-Faire, though.

And of course, my brain keeps pinging me with other, much worse ideas lol.

For now, I hope you guys can all

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!