Monday, July 17, 2023

Fiber Monday

 

In Which I've Felt Like I was Forgetting Something All Night Tonight...


...

...

....................

Spoilers: I was forgetting I should write the blog.

I've just been sitting in my muggy room, working on the pouch some more, convinced I'd forgotten to do something today. Then I saw that it was about 10pm and glanced at my phone.

Oh right.

It's Monday.

I do my crochet blog on Mondays.

The Fiber Monday Crochet Blog.

That's what I was supposed to be doing!

So here I am, sharing my minor progress on what will be a long, janky rectangle eventually but is currently just a smol rectangle.

A rectangle of white cotton thread crocheted into a rectangle lies against the black background of a laptop keyboard. The steel crochet hook lies next to the white rectangle. The rows seem to form vertical stripes (since I've rotated the project 90 degrees in this picture, sorry!)
It's not the neatest stitching, but it could definitely be worse!

What I haven't brought up yet, though, is where I did a significant portion (about 5 rows) of this project.

I joined my first knitting/crochet circle! I think it meets about 1/month on Saturdays. There were only 3 of us there this week, but I had fun meeting the other two ladies and both were wearing absolutely lovely hand-knit garments - one had a precious oatmeal heather cropped sweater with embroidered flowers and the other had an elegant multitoned pink sleeveless top. I might get up the courage to wear the (way too big) top I made myself last year the next time I go.

I've never really done the whole fiber circle thing before, so it was a cool experience. Hopefully next time, the weather won't be so crummy. I was pouring sweat when I arrived, despite there being no sun. It was also really soggy on the way back, but thankfully it didn't rain lol.

Anyway, that'll do it for me this week. I think I'll have more to show you from my projects next Monday!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!