Monday, July 24, 2023

Fiber Monday

In Which Slow Progress Is Still Progress


I am typing this from a room that is only now coming down from about 90℉(32,2℃). It was so hot today. Ironically, the day I hung out at a lake with my family was quite comfy, but today was hot and unpleasant. At least it's not as humid today as it was last week. We didn't use the AC.

Understandably, most of my progress was made at the lake, not at home.

A crocheted rectangle lying on its side. The white thread it's made from is hanging out at the top left corner and from the middle of the right side. The steel hook is still attached, and there is a white gel pen laying across the middle horizontally for scale.
As you can see, it's getting bigger!

Again, this is eventually going to be a pocket that will be dyed more earthy-tones. I've also made several test squares - 10sc x 10 rows - which I'll experiment with using various dye matter. Maybe the winner will be iron, maybe it will be coffee, possibly tea.

Maybe I'll just dip dye each panel of the pocket into tea, then coffee, then iron? Who knows.

All I know is that I want it brown, but I don't have any brown thread.

I have brown yarn, so if I cannot get the pouch to look right, I'll just use that.

But uh...

It's worsted-weight acrylic.

It's uh.

It's gonna be toasty as heck if I do that, and September might not be the month for a hot pocket.

That is an intentional joke.

But seriously, the acrylic is 100% final resort. Too sweaty.

My next closest idea is some wool sock yarn, and that, too, would be overwarm.

I hope this project works out, especially since I'd like to make a couple more of them...

As for tonight, it's finally down to about 78℉(25,5℃) in my room and I desperately want to lay down and vent the body heat I've accrued throughout the day lol.

Go Enjoy Something
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!