Monday, January 4, 2021

Fiber Monday

 

In Which 2021 Has Started... Sleepily


I'll be honest with you - I'd hoped 2021 would be an easier year than 2020. I had hoped I'd be a more alert person with better self control.

I just ate 2/3 of a huge Tony's Chocolonely milk chocolate, caramel and sea salt bar and I feel like I need a nap.

Which is not maybe the most professional I've ever been, considering I have a commissioned crochet piece to work on lol. I'm making a stocking for one of my niblings - snowflakes, reindeer, based off of a couple of patterns I found. I'm using a 6.5mm hook and Red Heart Super Saver - got plenty of white, blue and brown left from the Squirtle I made for my sibling's coworker.

I hope my nibling likes it. It's currently 42 stitches around.

If you crochet at all and have used a 6.5mm hook on worsted weight yarn, you're probably a bit agog at how big the toe of this stocking is. Yes. I started with the toe.

No there aren't pictures lol.

I've basically been sleepwalking since Saturday, which annoys me, because I'd like to wake up at some point lol.

That being said, I have been perusing my new amigurumi books and I've also dug out some of my older books. I might (read: if I remember to take photos) review all of my crochet books and make a project from each this year!

That might be fun, because some of them are from about 1986 and are very retro, so expect a truly hideous granny square scrap project at some point.

I wish I had more to share and show, but I've been bit by the Stardew but hard, and I've even encountered a couple of cutscenes I've never triggered before! Still haven't won an event but I rarely do in year one... (don't worry if you don't understand what I just blabbed, it's mostly for me and other Stardew Valley derps like me :) )

That'll do it from me today - I have tea to drink, stitches to plan, and a nap is calling my name.

Hearing "filthy.... fillllttthhhhyyyyyy" is a bit disconcerting, I have to admit. I should see what that nap wants...

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!