Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which Today Sure was a Tuesday...


I'm a very boring person. I like being boring - it provides a minimus of stress (which I *still* don't cope with well, but let's not talk about that lol). It also means that I have a certain level of predictability to my own life.

So when I found myself holding a strange iPhone in the middle of the local Walmart while my mother complained loudly about the lack of cat food in stock I was a tad flustered.

Thankfully, it just took tapping a screen once to get someone's attention and the phone was dropped off, I picked up my yarn (I needed red and green for a project and picked up some purple because I had run out), grabbed a Dr Pepper, and tested out a gift card I hadn't used yet. It worked, thankfully, because I hate using gift cards for the first time and having them fail. There are always so many questions that I can't answer. I don't know when my relative bought this for me. I don't know where the receipt is - probably in their purse halfway across the state. Let's be real, people rarely buy cards for themselves.

So the shopping trip, aside from finding someone's iPhone on the floor near the baby aisle, was pretty short. Except there were a lot of little things that weirded me out.
  • There was almost 0 cat food
  • Ditto on the litter
  • It's really hard to look for your shopping party when you cannot see out of your foggy, foggy glasses
  • My mask works really well at filtering out scents (which bodes well for its ability to reduce germs) but for some reason my eyeballs still feel the parfum and fragrance in the air and they will tell me all about it, leading to dry, itchy eyes all day long.
  • There was a dude in the parking lot who tried to walk up to the car as we tried to leave to get us to sign a petition of some sort. Just... no. If people are already in their car and about to pull up, you do not approach!!!
So that was weird. And yes, I used hand sanitizer when we got in the car, washed my hands several times when we got inside, and I'm leaving the yarn alone for a couple of days while I try to math out the patterns.

Because somewhere, something has gone... s t r a n g e.

One section (which I'm reproducing on either side of this project) is 17 stitches across.

The other section is between 12 and 16 stitches across, depending on what versions I use.

This does not math without some weird, unattractive placements.

But that's for next Fiber Monday's discussions lol.

For today, I have this to tell you:

Stardew Valley is hella fun, books are really cool, and kitty litter is HEAVY.

That's it. That's what I have to say.

Schedule:
  • Thursday will be more art (possibly with new art supplies!)
  • Saturday might be me blathering about video games
  • If I remember to post it, I should have a Tea Blog for Sunday lol.
  • Next Monday I'll talk more about my crochet math problems. Hint: it involves working from knitting patterns and also with size issues.
  • Next Tuesday will be more blathering like this.
Today's weather was a damp 28℉(-2℃) with sticky snow flurries. Right now, it's actually 32℉ (0℃), and I don't know that it's still snowing, but with the stiff breeze we've got, it feels like 18℉(-8℃). Wind is currently 15-22mph (24-35kph). It's very, very dark out.

My cat has moved exactly twice today. Both times were to new blanket tents.

I have moved... about 15 times today, and I'll move another dozen or so before I sleep because I get restless and weird as the night goes on.

Well, I think that about covers things for today.

Thanks for hanging out and listening to me blather!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!