Thursday, January 14, 2021

Thursday Art Walk: Sleepy Bubbles

 

Let's Be Real - It's Been A Week


Everything has been pretty wild the last few... okay, years, but particularly the last week or so has been freaking crazy. In every way. And my insomnia started kicking back in this week, too, so today has been a very sleepy, gummy-eyed kind of day. I got up late, showered late, dressed late, got my coffee late, and started drawing late.

But I still drew!!!



"Bubbly 1" colored pencil and gel pen on sketch pad; 2021


I used my new gel pens and colored pencils for this one, and I'd love to remake it on a larger, smoother paper some day, because it feels a bit more crowded than I'd like and I only got three rows deep in the pencil cube. I'd also like to add in my markers and crayons some time, but honestly, four mediums seems like two too many on paper this size (it's 11x14in or 27.9x37.6cm). In person, the colors are much more dayglo (especially the yellows!) but I kind of like the pastel look it has on film. And the final outline is in a purple glitter gel pen, not black (yay color balance...).

As for why I haven't used the scanner... well... unfortunately the gel pen isn't drying very well, and I don't want to have to wipe down the scanner bed every time I make art. Also, it's not wide enough or long enough to accommodate my sketchbook :(

I think I'll try to get in a quick day of Stardew before settling in for the night ;)

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!