Monday, June 7, 2021

Fiber Monday: Filet And Blather

In Which I Am Working On A Thing


I am a sleepy potato. It's been about 90℉ (32.2℃) and about 50% humidity all day. If you live in certain parts of the world, I'm sure you're laughing at me, and believe me, I do the same thing to you in January when you're complaining that it's half this temp and you're bundled up while I'm still walking outside in short sleeves, but please remember: in the cold months, you can add clothes to keep you warm. I cannot strip my skin off when it's hot, no matter how much I'd like to.

Gotta admit, too, that I'm not really crocheting today. I just wanted to show you the progress I've made on this design I'm making for my mom's new bread bowl.


Don't let the zoom fool you, this sucker is LONG!

Around 19" long (48.26cm)!

And it's not even half finished

so it could be about an inch or two wider before I'm done!

As things stand, though, it'll be just the right length

So I hope my mom likes it for her bread tray

I really enjoy doing filet crochet, to be honest.

Even if my tired monkey brain has a hard time counting the right amounts, and even though I seem to drop a block once every couple of rows, and yes, even though that means frogging for ages before I can hook back to where I was when I noticed the error...

But it's just a lot of fun, yeah? I love seeing the design take shape, block by block, in a way that I can't really get with colorwork. There's no extra ends to tie in (though if I ever find myself brave enough to take on the Godzilla Shawl, that will not be the case...), I have an easier time counting out multiples of 3 than multiples of 2 for some reason, and I really enjoy practicing my foundation double crochet stitches! This project has been a blast so far.

Yeah, I also had to take a break last Wednesday because I got my second jab, and boy was I sore afterwards. I'll try to remember to tell y'all about that tomorrow, but for now, I'm just gonna go enter some contests and go to bed because it is exhausting to be this overheated. Yes I'm wearing a tank top. Yes I'm wearing ridiculously tiny shorts. No it's not cool enough. No I don't have AC.

I may also be a wee bit cranky due to the heat :P

However this blog may find you, I hope you're able to get comfy and!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!