Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Talk About Tuesday - Wednesday Edition

 

In Which It Is Too Hot

I live where the air, 3-5 months out of the year, hurts my face with cold. I live out of pants and flannel shirts 9/10 of the time. I hate being barefoot.

So for the 3-4 months of summer we get up here, you'd better believe I'm miserable.

It felt only slightly cooler today than yesterday, which, if you'll recall, got to about 90℉ (32.22℃). Today felt that hot - especially in my room, which has no AC. I have my window fan gobbling up cooler air from outside now that it's near midnight (maybe if I type fast and ignore my growing urge to pee I can get this blog out before it's actually Wednesday?) and my ceiling fan spinning that vaguely less hot air around, but man does it still feel to hot to live up here.

I spent a good portion of today downstairs. I even went into the basement to grab some bottled water and it developed condensation halfway up the stairs. I wish the internet wasn't balls in the basement or I'd have stayed down there.

And then of course the internet fluffed off at some point in the afternoon. Maybe around 4? It didn't come back until like quarter to five, though, so that sucked because that's my usual blogging time.

I have a small amount of grumpage, yes, why?

But seriously, I'm not built for hot-and-humid days with no AC.

Today was better than yesterday in a couple of ways though! Namely in that my COVID Vaccine Arm cleared up.

Yeah I got my second Moderna jab on Wednesday last week, and for the next few days it felt like someone had grabbed both of my arms and tried to pull them out of the sockets after hitting me in the back with a steel chair. I felt a little nauseous and very tired, but I prefer that to drowning in fluids and choking on my own sloughed-off lung lining, so jabs it is.

And the fact that I got to have sushi last Wednesday as a treat for getting vaccinated was pretty great too.

But not even a single day after I started to feel better, body-wise, a new symptom appeared in the form of a goose-egg-sized-and-shaped patch on my upper left arm (the arm I got the shot in).

It didn't itch, but it was really red and sore to the touch like a bruise, and weirdly, it was about three inches away from the injection site. Odd.

But it was there, and I was on the verge of freaking out until I looked up some of the weirder side effects and learned that, yes, anywhere from 3 days to a week after getting vaxxed, you can in fact develop this reaction. The suggested treatment was simple: ice if you need it, painkillers if you need them, allergy meds if you need them.

I took the allergy meds mostly bc the lilacs are in bloom but they helped and now my arm is more or less normal! Still a small patch that's a little raised but nothing hurts and it's not red anymore.

In less health-related news, though, I have high hopes for Thursday since it should finally not feel like Satan's butthole then and I can draw and maybe pick up some snax. Those are my goals. The total sum of my goals for this week are
  1. draw
  2. get snax
That's it.

That's all I wanna do :P

Then again, it's midnight, and I should really be asleep, so who knows what else I'll come up with tomorrow during the possible thunder showers and gross heat?

Whatever the weather brings, I hope you guys are doing well and can
Go Enjoy Something!

FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!