Thursday, June 10, 2021

Thursday Art Walk

 

I Have A Sketch!

Today has been a major art block day. I have a pile of crappy papers next to the bed covered in junk scribbles, but I finally have something to show for it.

"Creature 01"; mechanical pencil on legal pad; 2021

That lil critter up there is a fusion of a South Indian Marble Tree and a lion. Why? I... couldn't think of anything to draw, tbh. I'd love to pop that lil sucker into my digital art program and color it! The branches should be a deep reddish pink darkening to red at the tops of the bell-shaped flowers, the fluffy bits inside the flowers should be white, the body of the lion should, of course, be a golden brown, and the mane should be dark green with rosy veins! I really hope I can do this boy some justice, tbh.

Now... why the South Indian Marble Tree?

Because I wanted to do something based off of a living thing, and that was the first living thing with a photograph that popped up when I hit "Random Article" on Wikispecies lol.

And why the lion?

Because that was the first non-human, non-building being that showed up on Google when I typed in "South Indian".

Inspiration isn't always pretty, but it is useful!

Anyway, I think I'll try a few of these kind of picture, and I hope I can actually figure out how to color them up all pretty-like lol!

Anyone have any video tutorial suggestions for Paint.net or Krita? I still can't get Krita to do anything that makes sense, tbh...

Whatever is going on, I hope you

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!