Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which I Still Wait.


So my water brushes arrived last week. The box was... not in the best shape. It had obviously been kicked around a bit, and it was this tiny cubic thing, which I thought was weird, since I knew the brushes were packed on a card. And they were.

They'd just... bent the card to stuff it in a box that was obviously a bit too small for it. Why not just ship it in a padded envelope or a rectangular box? It weighed next to nothing, I can't imagine the shipping was that expensive!

But thankfully the brushes themselves seem to be in good shape. I haven't yet received my watercolor notebooks (they're due today!) so I haven't tested them yet. Gotta admit, my enthusiasm is waning rapidly due to the shipping nonsense. Why did my package of notebooks stay in freaking Georgia for a week before moving on? Why would anyone ship via DHL? So many questions!

On the other hand, I'm still looking forward to testing out the ol' watercolors for the first time in literal years.

Griping and shipping woes aside, this hasn't been a terrible week for me. I mean, yeah, it was so hot the other day that I couldn't do more than stare into space and groan (which, let's be real, is not that hot for anyone who lives where summer means 90℉ (32.2℃)

Hold that thought... books may have arrived just now...

HECK YEAH THEY DID

And in a lot better shape than the brushes, I must say. And in packaging that fit them!

Anywho, that means I can start swatching tomorrow! Why wait? Because I prefer to do my art when it's quiet and we're pretty close to the time my dad gets home and starts watching The Walking Dead at top volume across the hall.

Not exactly conducive to artistic endeavors lol!

But that is a worry for Future Me. Present Me needs to figure out what the coming week will be like!

  • Thursday will have me posting the results of my experimentation, my opinion on both the watercolor notebooks and the brushes, etc!
  • Sunday might involve a noodle bowl review... If I get up on time lol!
  • Monday should have my work on the latest crochet projects!
  • Tuesday should see me back here, blathering away!
All of this is, of course, contingent on the weather - if it's too hot to think, it's too hot to work. If it's too hot to work, there is no blog.

I'm excited to start working on stuff now, so I'll probably go write some more lines in my novel and plan what I'll do for my swatches!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!