Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Talk About Tuesday

 

In Which Today Was A Non-Entity


I had such high hopes for today after the victory over that lid on yesterday's crochet project, but alas, it was not to be. Not only did I squish my cat's paw trying to go to the bathroom and shower this morning, but I also wasted almost the entire day trying to figure out what to eat for dinner (overcooked chicken tenders and a largely-disappointing plate of cheese, tortilla chips, and low-sodium pepperoni...). All in all, not the most productive day.

I regret exactly nothing.

I got to cuddle my cat, enjoy my morning coffee, and stay in soft warm clothes today while the weather grew progressively grayer and colder. It never got above 35℉ (1.7℃) today and it's currently 26℉ (-3.3℃) and windy. My mom took the cat out and it was only about 40 minutes before the wind chapped the poor kitty's butthole and sent her scrambling up a tree! She usually makes my mom stay out for at least an hour and a half lol.

Even the cat decided from the moment she got back inside that today was a day for coziness and play. She "killed" her pullback mouse a few times tonight, yowling her victory each time, and she curled up on the sofa for a long nap. My folks went out of town to go shopping (so the only one to blame for my bland dinner was me - I just didn't feel like cooking for realsies), so I had the house to myself and did absolutely nothing with that privacy.

My only regret is that I didn't choose a warmer pair of socks or shirt to cozy up in. Then again, I sweated enough when I did my pitiful pushups and squats earlier. Gotta get my muscles moving again!

My plans for the rest of this week are simple:
Tomorrow - work on art (A Big Project)
Thursday - finish/post art, gorge myself on Thanksgiving dinner
Friday - start next week's art & crochet projects (gearing up for the Christmas season!)
Saturday - more art/crochet
Sunday - probably just chill with my boyfriend because that's when we chill
Monday - crochet blog
Next Tuesday - blather blog!

Seems pretty simple, right?

I'll also be guzzling mocha all week to keep from freezing my stupid little toes off.

Don't ask how that works, it just does.

I hope tomorrow is as cozy as today was, but considering my mother's determination to cook a full spread, probably it won't be lol. I may have to load up my Thermos and put my teapot into commission!

Might even have to sneak food into my room lol.

That will, however, do it for tonight. I'm sleepy from chasing the cat around (okay it's actually just from the exercise and from being up since 8AM) and I would like to go to bed soon.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!