Thursday, November 4, 2021

Thursday Art Walk

 

In Which I Show You My Sketches!


I have been busy this week (cats, trying to get the returnables returned, shopping, etc) so I haven't had a chance to properly paint or color or ink anything, but I still managed to do some sketches! These are going to eventually become finished works (well, two of them are), but before that happens, I'll have to take them from these initial sketches to proper compositions and then from there I'll make the finished art (which could also require multiple steps, depending on what I do for the medium for each).

So for now, here's what I sketched out, today:

The whole page of sketches

"Stop, Thief!"; sketch; 2021

"Thanks?giving"; sketch; 2021

"Dessert, Anyone?"; sketch; 2021


I'm not 100% sure how any of these will turn out, nor do I know if I'll be changing them up later, but I love how each one came out, even if the beaver on the right and coendou on the left of "Dessert, Anyone?" might be a bit nightmarish in sketch-form lol!

But this is why I do messy sketches like this - it allows me to assign postures, placements, and ideas to individual elements without spending too much effort and then hating it later. If I want to redraw any of these, it's not going to take the same effort as, say, reworking my logos would (though that's a potential January project...)

I haven't done an ensemble/character piece in a while! The last time I had multiple creatures was... huh... whenever the Pokemon/Dedbert crossover was! Quite a while ago! I hadn't even rediscovered watercolor yet!

I'm looking forward to all of this!

However, I'm also in that weird space where you're exhausted but you do not feel sleepy at all. Every pore of my body wants to sleep because I have a cold and I want to feel better, but... I'm also not in the mood to sleep. Maybe I'll binge some stuff lol.

Maybe I'll just relax and let my body tell my brain what to do for once?

Regardless, I hope you guys enjoyed my sketchy little sketches as much as I enjoyed sketching them!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!